2005 Accord MP3 options?

MDAccord

We drive a 2005 Accord LX sedan, but I'd like to play MP3 CDs in it (in addition to perhaps hooking up a non-iPod MP3 player through a regular aux jack). I'm not going to remove the OEM radio (too expensive), so I'd like to clarify just what my options are.

I know I could by a new radio and install it in the little storage pocket (right above the "NOT-AN-ASHTRAY"). BUT, I'd also like to at least keep enough power going into the factory radio to keep the clock going also. So I want to know:

1. Is it possible to have 2 functioning radios in the car, as in hooking up the new headunit to the factory OEM and perhaps running it as an AUX device or somesuch?

2. Is there any way to mod the OEM radio to decode MP3 CDs?

3. Are there any MP3 CD players on the market that function as a simple AUX device without requiring a new headunit (e.g. AUX-pluggable in the same way as an add-on XM radio, or the add-on Honda OEM cassette decks and MP3 CD players?)

4. If a new headunit is installed, can power be kept flowing to the OEM headunit to at least allow for clock functionality?

Archived