Weird DTC code

jagalag

So I fired it up this afternoon, and the MIL lamp came on,

took out the OBD II scan tool, and read a DTC p-1704....

THis isn't even a Honda code. it's a Subaru code for some kind of solenoid problem..... but a Honda P-1705 indicates a tranny prob. could the codes be related???

WTF????

JB

is it an automatic , cause if it is , than theres a few solenoids on your tranny. maybe one is bad or clogged. clean the screens. under passenger side kick panel , tucked towards firewall , theres a blue 2 pin connector in a rubber holder , take it out , cross the 2 wires , turn key to on position and get the codes from the car. throw the reader in the garbage , or sell it to someone with a subaru , lol.

is it an automatic , cause if it is , than theres a few solenoids on your tranny. maybe one is bad or clogged. clean the screens. under passenger side kick panel , tucked towards firewall , theres a blue 2 pin connector in a rubber holder , take it out , cross the 2 wires , turn key to on position and get the codes from the car. throw the reader in the garbage , or sell it to someone with a subaru , lol.

You mean I can get the code repeated if I do the whole bit about crossing the two wires on that connector?

Archived