Door Locks and Side Mirrors

gregeth

Not sure if this has already been asked, so sorry if it is. I'm new to the list, although I've read it ocassionally for awhile.

On my 94 Honda Accord for a long time I had a problem where my locks would randomly lock after I locked the car. It would do it seemingly at random. I let it go for the time being, but after I took off the doors when I was putting in some speakers the locking happened whenever the bundle of wires, that come to the door, were moved at all it did it again. After replacing the door panel the lock no longer worked, although I can still lock all the doors when I open the door and (with the handle pulled back) push down on the lock. The locking button does work on the passenger door (this is the driver's side).

The power windows all work fine, but the side mirror controls don't work either. In my searching I found that the actuator might be the problem, but I'm wondering if it could be a short in the wiring. As I wonder if this could have anything to do with the previous locking issue when I jiggled the wire.

Anyone have any ideas? Is this a common problem?

i have a '95 accord. no problems as of yet with locks actin weird like that. though i also have to pull the handle back to lock it. its annoying. took me like 2 weeks to figure it out.

about the wires. idk, it could be a short. check your wires for anything weird. or you could try and find some new wires and change them if you feel it necessary.

about the mirrors. look in the fuse relay to the left of your pedals and check the fuse for the side mirrors. if its bad. replace it and see if it does anything. if not, then get a new mirror actuator from ebay or a junkyard and replace it. if that doesn't do anything, do more research. if that doesn't work, give up and bring it into the mechanic.

might be a short in the wires going to the lock, not th actuator but there should be a clip with 2 wires on the back of the lock cylinder. its a sensor for the cars security system to know if its unlocked properly or not. if those short out i could see it randomly locking the doors. strip the door and check it out.

Archived