$7000 too much to pay for a 98' EX with 130K?

Tennesseestorm

I am considering a 98' EX with 130K. One owner, all records - cloth interior and in excellent condition. They want $7000 firm for it. Seems steep according to KBB and NADA, but all of these seem to be selling for higher than KBB/NADA. What do you think? Too steep? What about quality issues on these cars? Any common problems? I was thinking I read somewhere about transmission issues on these cars.... ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, it is 100% stock. It was a 1-owner car (owned by a older lady) until about a month ago. Timing belt was changed at 100K. The lady that has it bought it for her son last month, but he found another Accord that was "sportier"- with leather, spoiler, 2dr, etc and he just had to have it instead., so they bought him that one and are selling this stock 98' EX 4dr to get their money back from buying the 2-dr. I just wonder what type of treatment this car has had since the "son" has owned it.

I was thinking that $7000 was steep. According to KBB and NADA it is, but these cars seem to be bringing this price around here. I just do not want to overpay. I found another Accord- a 2000 EX 2dr, black, automatic, etc, but it has leather and I really do not like leather interior- especially black. Priced good though at $6800. It has 135K.

accords suck.

Maybe the accord forum isn't the place for you?

$7000 is definately high for that vehicle. $6000 would be about the top I would go on that, and that would most likely be from a dealer.

As far as the transmission goes, there were problems with 6th gen v6 transmissions. I have very rarely heard about problems with the 4-cyl auto, and I've also heard that the manual tranny's are "bullet-proof." If it's got 130,000 and never had transmission trouble, then I'd assume it's a 4 cylinder. If it's a V6 and they say he transmission has never been worked on, then they are full of it...

accords suck.

civics are cars for people who wana do upgrades but dont wanna spend more money for a more powerful car

so dont come in here saying accords suck

go to the civic forum and talk about how much rice they can shoot out of their fart canon

civics are cars for people who wana do upgrades but dont wanna spend more money for a more powerful car

so dont come in here saying accords suck

go to the civic forum and talk about how much rice they can shoot out of their fart canon

he used to have an accord before he got the si. it was somewhat of a joke to the regulars here :thumbsup:

he used to have an accord before he got the si. it was somewhat of a joke to the regulars here :thumbsup:

lol...

nice car by the way.. im in college now and since the 6th grade i always wanted a del sol but i couldnt find one.. lucky

thanks a lot man. i actually found the sol for sale at a lawn mower place my freshman year in highschool. we were going to get a new tire for a lawn mower, and the sol was sitting there bone stock under a tree.

Archived