my radiator is busted, is it easy to change?

milkissolid

radiator changes by a mechanic are actually kinda expensive. what year is your car? like middle or late 90's?

i'm not sure how hard it is. depends how much experience you have with an engine. like i have practically none so it would be kind of difficult for me.

if you need the car on short notice and you have no experience, go to the mechanic :(

if you need the car on short notice but you think you can do it, pick up a manual from pepboys, a radiator, new hoses, etc. and go for it. :D

A buddy and I changed the radiator on my wife's old civic one time, and we were estimating about 2 hours to do it, and it turned out about 45 minutes did it from beginning to end. Here's what I rememberL Drain coolant... loosen about 4 bolts and hoses and lift out old radiator... As a Haynes manual would state, "intallation is the reverse of removal." Never had to do it on my Accord, but it is much easier than the dodge vehicles I've seen it done on where you have to remove the entire front end just to get to it. If you can get a hold of a Haynes or someone on here can give you a specific DIY, I'd recommend that before you take it to a shop... You only have to be a little mechanically savy to figure it out I believe!

yeah ive changed one out before, its basically what ^ he said. drain the coolant, loosen some bolts, take it out, put the new one in, bolt it on, and add coolant. the hardest part i remember was taking off some of the hose clamps, but that was just getting the right angle. i think you can diy

Yeah, because aren't they all universal? You just need new tubes.

A new one from Advance (OEM) will run me $160. My rad is a piece of crap, however, and I would never consider buying a Denso or whatever it is again. I thought about picking up a Koyo, but they're $300 and that's for a good deal.

Maybe a 1/2 size.. dunno.

Archived