dumb question but want to make sure

accOrd O3

i own an 2003 accord the 2.4 4cyl and it was time for the oil change i got it 2 months ago but anyways i changed the oil i bought the 5-20 oil castrol and the oil is so hard to tell from the dipstick i just wanted to know how many quarts does it take... i put 4.5 quarts is that enough? the car didnt come with the owners manual... and any sites out there that would help or any sites i should have as references...?

+1 on 5

I put in 4.5 with the filter on my 2.3, but every car is different. Doesn't it have VTEC?

I'm thinking it does.. same motor as in the Element which does.

Might be a little more then. Just ask the guy at your parts store, they should have a catalog.

AND 4.7 is estimating a Honda oil filter, which is smaller than a Pure One filter from Autozone... 5 quarts takes mine right to the line... I've gone 164,000 miles filling mine this way, and I've never burned oil nor had engine problem because of the 0.3 quart of oil "overrage" according to the manual... If you're that concerned about it, just go by your dipstick on level ground. The 7th gens should be around 5 though. Add 4 1/2, level it off, let the engine warm up, and check where you're at. If you're low (which I'm sure you will be, then slowly add until you're where you're supposed to be...

1 liter = 1.0556 quarts

therefore...

2.4 liters = 2.53344 quarts

therefore...

my idea was wrong.

The exact Honda standard for your car should be in your manual. If you really wanna know for sure, check there. But 4 to 5 quarts works. Try this method too: Add a some oil to the engine, just a bit. Then have a buddy check the dipstick. Add more oil, check the dipstick. Keep doing this until its full. But again 4-5 quarts works.

2.4 litre engine has nothing to do with oil , its displacement. lets say if all 4 pistons could be all the way down in the cylinder at once , and we filled the cylinders with water to the very top , it would take 2.4 litres.

and your accord should take like 4.2 with a new filter. somin like that. like was mentioned , check your owners manual , lol , thats why they give you those , lol.

2.4 litre engine has nothing to do with oil , its displacement. lets say if all 4 pistons could be all the way down in the cylinder at once , and we filled the cylinders with water to the very top , it would take 2.4 litres.

Yes, thank you cranny but I realized this myself about 2 hours ago.

Archived