Need Help!

Brandon

im not to sure whats wrong with my car so if anyone has a clue your help would be appriated

when i press on the gas my car sputters/putts with less power the normal. If i let go of the gas, and press again it stops... if I dont let go it spudders for up to 15 seconds and the exhoust smells bad. (I have a straight pipe) it does not do this all the time, only about 50% of the time. I think that its my O2 Senser.

Thanks for your time!

If it was your O2 sensor you would be getting a check engine light. Are you getting this?

Sounds like a fuel problem. Maybe its the main fuel relay, maybe its the fuel pump, idk. More information is nice. The more info you give the better we can help.

ive had the car for 2 years and i bought it off a mechanic and the engine light has been on since i had it, he told me that it was ecm(i think thats what he said) that was kicking it on, and not to worrie about it. so i dont know if its has a new code.

i wanted to get some opinions before i got the computer read.

do you know where the fuel relay is?

i would say follow what mycarsux said. check your O2 sensor. i had a similar sputtering problem this summer w/ my check engine light turning on.

its easy to diagnose and somewhat cheap to fix ($250 i think) and might solve all your problems.

if it feels like there's something rattling on your tire when you pick up speed, check your axle boots and make sure that one of them didnt break either.

Archived