Help 93 accord LX clutch issues

voided

On my way home last night my clutch began to engage and disengage close to the floorboard, its a 1993 accord with about 183k on it no idea if clutch is original. 30 k I put on myself though. Before it engaged at 55% depressed and now its more like 85%. Im thinking it needs adjustment or a pedal spring replaced... It still drives fine its just a bit finicky to manage.

Then This morning I start it up after checking and not seeing evidence of leaking and fluids seem fine as well... Now I cant get it in gear at all. So now im stuck 2 levels underground in a parking garage likely too steep to push out of and too low for a tow truck... lovely

So any help would be appreciated

Your clutch is made of the same material as your brakes dude. It needs to be replaced. Its that simple,

I was under the impression from reading other threads that if the clutch slips it needs replacing if not something else needs fixing

Oh i'm sorry I didn't really read your post too well. It could be the pressure plate not engaging because of a bad pedal assembly. So your first guess is probably right. Check the pedal springs and such. Also, your tranny is a cable tranny right? Could be a bad connection too.

If you've got fluid in the hydro reservoir, then I'd say replace your clutch... Slow deterioration like that is how mine went out in my 93 a couple years ago...

And if you're stuck in a parking garage, I'd find out if anyone has a pickup that could pull you back up to ground level if that's your concern. That's when it somes in handy having a big a** truck laying around! (but not too big to get in a parking garage!)

I was under the impression from reading other threads that if the clutch slips it needs replacing if not something else needs fixing

this would be correct. you need a new master or slave cylinder. unless its cable in which case you need a new cable. your pedal not feeling proper would have nothing to do with the clutch itself. its like you said , if it aint slippin , its good to go.

Ahh, ok. I forgot the years where they became hydraulic and 93 seemed early.

Ok so then yes I would say that you need a new master or slave cylinder.

Replace them both at the same time. Replacing one or the other alone will only make the other one burn out more quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived