Temperature Gauge Malfunction

kalki

When I start the Accord, the temperature gauge goes to the maximum hot indicator. The car's not even warmed-up and the gauge needle sits at the high position. I let the engine run for a bit on high RPMs to get it hot. Then the fans start and shut-off after the engine is cooled. But the gague always shows very hot.

I don't think it's the coolant sensor that is sending the false reading. Is there anything else that would do this? How would I check something like this?

Doesn't the coolant sensor tell the fans when to turn on and off? So if the fans are working normally, I am thinking that the coolant sensor is fine. There should be something else that is showing a high reading on the gauge. No?

fan control comes from the ecu , which gets its info from the temp sensor. so they go hand in hand. id say its a bad gauge. bad ground or somin. polarity reversed.

Archived