Tokyo Drift

thsocom41

What do you guys think of tokyo drift? i thought it was decent.. im not a real big fan of the 350z's look (stock) but they made it look pretty dang sweet in the movie..

at first i thought the movie was gonna be stupid cuz it doesnt have the original characters in it.. but i was impressed.. i wish they didnt have another evo in the movie though,(2fast2furious) but the evo was sweet in tokyo drift, {yellow? (in the second one)}

i was mad for what happend to han.. he was a cool guy..

and why the hell do people keep giving sean their keys to their car!!! lol he drove like 5 cars in the movie..

please dont say stupid things in this thread.. if you dont like it dont comment

What do you guys think of tokyo drift? i thought it was decent.. im not a real big fan of the 350z's look (stock) but they made it look pretty dang sweet in the movie..

at first i thought the movie was gonna be stupid cuz it doesnt have the original characters in it.. but i was impressed.. i wish they didnt have another evo in the movie though,(2fast2furious) but the evo was sweet in tokyo drift, {yellow? (in the second one)}

i was mad for what happend to han.. he was a cool guy..

and why the hell do people keep giving sean their keys to their car!!! lol he drove like 5 cars in the movie..

please dont say stupid things in this thread.. if you dont like it dont comment

well i find it weird that your posting this on honda forums when in reality theres no honda in the whole movie, and naturally you cant really drift with a honda - although its greatly disputed, yet alone with an accord. but nonetheless, i found the movie entertaining. theres already a thread on myspace in a group im in about this movie and heres what i posted.

i found the movie entertaining. im not into the drift scene at all, but i do enjoy japanese cars in general. agree that the acting IMO was bad, in the sense that none of the acting seemed natural, especially a lot of the lines that were said in the movie seemed kiddish, but afterall its a pg13 movie. the driving sequences were great, they had me on the edge of my seat. because as i said before, im not into the drift scene at all, and ther were a lot of things ive never seen before, like that one car (dont even remember what it was) that drifted out of the parking garage through that spiral thing all the way up to the top. that was pretty cool, as well as the scene where the line of cars were driving down the mountain at night, and they all drifted in unicen in a perfect line, just the sheer uniformity was mind boggling. the cars, i didnt like the physical appearance of the cars soo much, because they were all kitted and vinyled out, and it seemed that there were too many 350z's in the movie. i think if the movie used more low profile type cars, then it would be more enjoyable for me because it would be more realistic, but from a production stand point i understand that people wanna see shiny cars and body kits, not a plane jane silvia. i also didnt like how in the movie, it never showed how these guys really worked for their money, they just had a shop where they got all these free parts cuz someone was cool and gave it to em, or something (i havent seen the movie since opening night, so its been a while.) and we all know that if we wanted to do an evo like that, or a 350 like that, would be paying money out our ass, regardless if you got the hoookups on parts and labor. if we wanted to build the equivalents of these cars, wed be spending 50 or 60+ thousand dollars. and just cuz there in japan and the money and prices for some of these things are way different doesnt explain how they paid for this.

the story, i think the story of the movie was weak, as with all of them. i mean, im sure all of us have gone to underground races, drift events, circut races, or even sanctioned events of the same sort. and im sure all of you agree, that none of this stuff really happens, if a guy wants another superior guys girlfriend, they usually get in a huge fight, they dont race for the girl. at these events, its just a bunch of us car guys and gals, that hang out and race for the love of the sport, or for money or for cars. and trust me, im almost positive that the guy in the 240 that you always see there isnt trafficing drugs for a high profile drug opperation run by cubans. i think if theres another f&f movie that it should be more realistic. i mean you could soo make a realistic movie about car racing thats action filled, dramatic, has a little bit of romance, and still has more than enough room for the actual cars themselves. cuz im sure all of us have seen races where someone won who shouldnt have one, or have seen crashes, or bad things happen to peoples cars, and seen many many hot chicks in nice rides. thats my 2 cents.

i think it was good for a hollywood movie. they attracted the audience that the movie was made for. if it was made for the people who actually knew cars, i dont think it would sell as much. when people go to movies the want to see the biggest explosions, the scariest movie, something that is out of the norm, so it makes sense that the cars were all kitted and covered with vinyl. i completely understand where youre coming from sonny and agree. it was cool to see some of the cars, bow wows was terrible, just like him. the rx-7 was awesome, i saw that in a mag probably a year ago, too bad they trashed it. i thought it was good to see some cars and drifting. i guess if you want to see how it really goes, go out to events with your camera or watch true life im a drifter!!!

is the new accord rwd or no?

and yes you can drift a honda..

the s2000 has been out for like 7 years.

omfg, lmao how could i forget about the s2000. lmao shame shame shame. but i mean in my defense the rest of all the hondas are fwd, and i was on a roll so i just didnt think about it. oh and someone told me that the new accords are 6 speeds is that true?

well i find it weird that your posting this on honda forums when in reality theres no honda in the whole movie, and naturally you cant really drift with a honda - although its greatly disputed, yet alone with an accord. but nonetheless, i found the movie entertaining. theres already a thread on myspace in a group im in about this movie and heres what i posted.

Drifting outside Japan "officially" began in 1996 with an event at Willow Springs racetrack in California hosted by the magazine Option. Inada, the NHRA Funny Car drag racer Kenji Okazaki and Dorikin, who also gave demonstrations in a Nissan 180SX the magazine bought over from Japan judged the event with Rhys Millen and Bryan Norris being two of the entrants and the race was incidentally won by a Honda Civic. It has since exploded into a massively popular form of motorsport in North America, Australia, and Europe. In the United Kingdom a drift contest was hosted in 2002 by the OPT Drift Club, run by a tuning business called Option Motorsport. The club held a championship called D1UK, then later became the Autoglym Drift Championship. For legal reasons the business was forced to drop the Option and D1 name. The club was since absorbed into the D1 franchise as a national series. There was an Irish series that was called the D1IRL which was also forced to change names for legal reasons.

Drifting techniques

The basic driving techniques used in drifting are constant, though each car and driver will employ some subset of these techniques. They include:

* Hand-brake or Emergency brake drift - The hand-brake is pulled to induce rear traction loss. This is generally the main technique to attempt to drift a FWD car. Also, this technique is used heavily in drift competitions to drift large corners.

" there is more but toook them out to save space"

but besides that i liek the movie it was better then the second one the secodn oen IMO had nothign to relay do wiht the car secne i have arelay seen it liek 13 times...:-p

It was better than 2 and possibly better than 1. I liked it because it was a little more realistic than the first 2. (still pretty unrealistic though). At least they didn't have 9 second eclipses on street tires. I did find it funny how they were drifting in and out of cars as if it was the fastest way to go. If the RX7 hadn't been drifting and just drivin fast and normal he would have outrun the guys that were drifting. Oh well, he's dead now.

[quote name='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drifting_(motorsport)' )

Drifting outside Japan "officially" began in 1996 with an event at Willow Springs racetrack in California hosted by the magazine Option. Inada, the NHRA Funny Car drag racer Kenji Okazaki and Dorikin, who also gave demonstrations in a Nissan 180SX the magazine bought over from Japan judged the event with Rhys Millen and Bryan Norris being two of the entrants and the race was incidentally won by a Honda Civic. It has since exploded into a massively popular form of motorsport in North America, Australia, and Europe. In the United Kingdom a drift contest was hosted in 2002 by the OPT Drift Club, run by a tuning business called Option Motorsport. The club held a championship called D1UK, then later became the Autoglym Drift Championship. For legal reasons the business was forced to drop the Option and D1 name. The club was since absorbed into the D1 franchise as a national series. There was an Irish series that was called the D1IRL which was also forced to change names for legal reasons.

[quote name='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drifting_(motorsport)' )

Drifting techniques

The basic driving techniques used in drifting are constant, though each car and driver will employ some subset of these techniques. They include:

* Hand-brake or Emergency brake drift - The hand-brake is pulled to induce rear traction loss. This is generally the main technique to attempt to drift a FWD car. Also, this technique is used heavily in drift competitions to drift large corners.

this my friend is why naturally drifting in a honda is highly disputed. with the acception of the s2000. just because you can get a fwd car sideways, doesnt mean its something you can do consistantly for long periods of time. there is no way to make an fwd car do those long smokey drifts like they do in drift competitions. the car will be a bitch to control, and the cars natural tendency is to want want to go into the way the wheels are pointed. you need a rwd car to slide the back end out from underneath yourself and use the vehicles power to spin the tires which maintains the drift. hondas are in drift competitions, but if you watch a honda drift, and watch a silvia drift, you will notice something very very different between both of their styles of drifting, the honda will look like its sliding is ass around the turn and the silvia will be sideways burning tires for a long time and smoking hella beautifully. i love the dispute about honda's drifting thoguh, it reminds me of toy story when buzz and woddy fight about whether buzz can fly or fall with style. lmao.

The 2007 Accord is a 6 speed.... but I can't find if it's RWD... I don't think so. Why only have one RWD model.... so wack!!!

its not gonna be rwd... why would honda want to make a popular car something that a 16 y/o is going to slam sideways into a telephone pole with... JK... i havent heard ne diff about it being FWD thats wat the website says.

But they do come with 4 wheel independent double wishbone suspension

this site is pretty cool. it has all the cars from tokyo drift with videos and their 1/4 and 0-60 times. the veil side rx7 seemed kinda underpowered/slow to me

lmao they all seeemed underpowered and slow to me, all except the monte carlo. but of course they arent really trying to build a car to have 900 hp, because in a movie, neither you or i, or anyone on this forum really knows what 900 hp looks like. but i mean the only car, that really impressed me as far as specs go was the monte carlo.

yeah the turbo z, maybe twin, dont remember was putting out 400hp, it comes stock with like 300. lame. but then again, those cars are built for drifting not 1/4 times

the only prob that i had with the movie was that afterwards, every stupid teenager with a set of car keys thought they were drift kings. f*cking annoying and dangerous.

+1

After I saw the first F&F I wanted my license SOOOO bad. Lol. The first was the best though, hands down.

I liked the first one but only because the story line, and it was the first movie if its kind really. All the cars in the first 2 looked extremely ricey to me. In the third one they toned down the rice alot, but they used way to many factory cars ie. Veilside Rx-7, The red Evo (APR i believe) and then alot of the cars drifting down the montain. I like the third one most though, Iam really big into drifting though so that probably has alot to do with it but yea.

Archived