steering wheel Shakes violently when braking at high speed

xarcoush

i have a 1999 honda accord ...steering wheel Shakes violently when braking at high speed 55 mph and above...I thought it was the rotors, so I got 4 brand new rotors and brand new ceramic pads but I am still having the same problem…it happens when I brake at high speed like 55mph and over, anything blow that it won’t shake .i would appreciate if you guys could help me ,,,thanks

if you put new rotors and pads on it and it still shakes , its either cheap brakes , bad install , or soin else wrong. id say your calipers are seized up some and sticking , meaning always putting pressure on rotors even when brake pedal is released and wearing them out faster.

I currently have a bad rear tire (new one's on order) and my car shakes really bad if I do anything over light braking getting off the highway. Inspect all your tires and maybe have them re-balanced. Of course, as mine does, your car will have a shake to it period at highway speeds if a tire is bad or off balance; it just gets worse when you brake.

if you put new rotors and pads on it and it still shakes , its either cheap brakes , bad install , or soin else wrong. id say your calipers are seized up some and sticking , meaning always putting pressure on rotors even when brake pedal is released and wearing them out faster.

One Of the calipers was seized up ..so i bought a new one ..i know the calipers are fine..

if it was a tire it would shake all the time not just under braking.

Thats hpw it was for my 4-door as well. I couldnt get on the highway because of the shake!

I found out it was one of my steel rim and tire. Got 17's, and it rides fine.

Go ahead and check the tires. Those are the only 2 i can think of off the top of my head. Tire & Breaks

its not tires, either your brake disk is outof of balance or they are warped, also make sure the disk was installed on strait, is the two screws were tightened unevenly it disc could be calked off,

it is not the wheels, other wise it wouldnt do it during just braking, it would do it under all driving conditions over 55mph

Archived