A/C

acAccord

I have never had experience in working on cars but i have done some reasearch and learned all about it on

how stuffworks.com and other websites so i know the basics or must of the variables to get a engine to work but have never had experience so i don't really know.

anywho i have a f23 full engine in my garage with the a/c and my 92 honda accord with the f22a1 or f22a engine the air conditioner in that car is broken it blows and heats but doesn't cool.

I read about converting you old freeon system to R134-A but my brother in law says its a huuge pain so i asked him about just swaping out the a/c its self on the f23 in his garage, he doesn't think it would be too hard ( he knows alot about cars had a accord swaped h22a in it,has alot of experience with working on cars)

so my question is, how can i get the f23 a/c on my f22a accord is it too hard is it even possible and is there a guide?

i apologize if this has allready been discussed somewhere else.

thank you for the feed back, i just signed up so i'm a noob thanks again.

If it heats but doesn't cool, I'd just go to a shop and have it recharged. I had that done on my ol' 93, and my 2000 and I'm getting ready to do that on my Ody, and it's a lot easier (and possibly cheaper) to just spend an hour and get it recharged... Just a thought :thumbsup:

not what the guys at the shop said apparntley cars a/c's below years 95 have differnt freeon a freeon thats very dangerous to the enviorment and you need a lisence to use it /buy it...

when my dad had it he tried to recharge it and found out the same thing, the shop costs 1500 to repair.

http://www.epa.gov/ozone/title6/609/consumers/choice.html

I got a can from wal-mart to recharge the ac on an 89 Nissan. It now blows cold air, so nice in the summer. I just got a can and the right coupler to attach the hose to my car's ac. All and all I spent $20-$25.

really i guess i can just try to recharge it again freeon from walmart, check for leaks with that other stuff from walmart but if that doesn't work i'll have to use the a/c from the other engine i have and may need some help figuring out how, i'll get back to you after i try to recharge the a/c.

ok, turns out the parts are bad, i guess i was wrong it just blows no heat or cold, supost to be the dryer that needs to be replaced ( the main part that cools the a/c) and since that isn't part of the engine persay... its located in the engine bay but not on the engine i don't think i have a dryer...

any ideas?

i would like to have a/c since its freaking hot here and i would like to sell it for more.

Archived