New to accords, but not to cars

llama

Hey guys, I'm new here, and I am planning on getting a honda accord coupe, I do not know what generation it is, because I do not know much about hondas, but year 99-02. I have been owning a 97 maxima which I decided to not drive anymore, and I will be buying an accord coupe next Saturday. Is there anything I should look out for? I wanted to know do these cars come with heated seats, and memory seats or something like that, and bose radio? I plan on getting light intrior/leather colors, and as much options as I can, looking to spend 8000 bucks maximum, any suggestions?

Accords are pretty much a rock solid car. If you were to get an accord this coming saturday, I would suggest a V6. Its power is kind of similar to your 97 maxima. Ive driven a 97 maxima and the one i drove pick up pace pretty quick when I floored it. Its pretty quick too. ANYHOW, are you looking for a coupe? sedan? If you can post pictures of what car your going to pick up, we can help you.

I don't think the accord comes with bose, maybe the later years 01+ maybe? I think Im wrong b/c i know 01+ acura comes stock with bose systems. Those are a bit tricky to work around if you ever plan on doing a major audio upgrade. as far as mechanical problems go, the only thing i can think of for the 99 accord is the shift knob takes awhile to get out of park. that can be fixed for under 80 bucks though. Other than that, its a great car with great soft leather.

Welcome to the Honda family!

I want a coupe, I want this color interior, it looks really nice http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...&cardist=10

Thanks for the welcome, also, I was wondering if theft is a big problem with this car?

Oh yeah, and I'm going shopping for one of these babies next Saturday, not this Saturday, have to wait until I stack together some $.

Honestly, hondas are popular cars nowadays so there is a likely chance of it being broken into. Actually it doesn't matter what car you drive, if a thief wants your car he will take it. There is no alarm that will prevent a thief from taking what he wants. it might slow him/her down though but the percentage of accords being broken into is less than compared to civics and acura integras.

accords are good cars and i would choose an accord as a daily driver.:thumbsup:

Hey guys, I'm new here, and I am planning on getting a honda accord coupe, I do not know what generation it is, because I do not know much about hondas, but year 99-02. I have been owning a 97 maxima which I decided to not drive anymore, and I will be buying an accord coupe next Saturday. Is there anything I should look out for? I wanted to know do these cars come with heated seats, and memory seats or something like that, and bose radio? I plan on getting light intrior/leather colors, and as much options as I can, looking to spend 8000 bucks maximum, any suggestions?

well my mom had an 02 ex v6. of course it was top of the line with every option and i dont believe it had heated seats or memmory seats. but it did have a 6 disc in dash cd player and bose. her interior was grey leather. i cant think of any other special options it had but it was very very nice. expensive too cuz she bought it when it was like a year old and practically brand new. you know what you may like is the 3.2 cl. because it had everything my moms car had and the memmory seats heated seats. 6 speed m/t or 6 speed manumatic transmission. it was a little more agile than the accord and a little quicker. the interior layout was exactly the same. youd prolly like that better. my dad had one, an 01 or 02 type s i cant remember. im sure youd prolly like that one much better.

Archived