1990 Prelude Si 2.0 Upgrades?

Import_newbie

Hello all! im new here. my name is Erik G. i drive a Red 1990 Prelude Si 2.0 5-speed (not sure about mods or not but it needs work) Im 18 and a senior in High School. this is my first car. When i get MY computer back up and camera back from my Ex-girlfriend i will post pictures(is there a special place for that or just post here?)

Ok it has a few problems, some i know how to fix, but lack ability (tools or space problems).

Main worry is that it smokes, bad. the exhaust shakes all the way (so does the motor, but not to bad) the smoke is white... it needs an oil change but my friends say its from headers(or the similar part) its white and gets worse as i drive it. the first time i noticed it was after rodding the piss out of it (the day i bought it) i, however, never broke 5 grand.

I am in Auto Mechanics class, but we only work/study on the domestic vehicles (here in Missouri people are either Chevy or Ford and most are trucks anyways.) So i really know NOTHING about imports, but i want to fix this little honda up to be a fast mo-fo.

White smoke = oil burning. Change you oil.

Your motor shakes probably because you have a bad motor mount. Find which one is broken and replace it.

You can find an exhaust kit for your car in a lot of places. The internet is probably best. Check there. Make sure its quality and a good brand name (Greddy and Tanabe are like the most favored).

I checked GReddy and a few others. (BLITZ, HKS, APEXI...etc.) they dont offer kits for my year. earliest year is 92.

(i found out yesterday it has Magnaflow)

i knew it was oil, but EVERYONE said i was wrong... Thanks

Yeah im going to pull the motor tonight and change motor mounts... (bought some used ones for $10; they look good to me)

Also what does the term "wired up" mean? Because the previous owner did that to the headlights... i want to undo that... i want them to work again... what do i have to buy/change?

Thanks guys.

Sweet another prelude owner, it will be a little difficult to find things for your car because of its age but if you do it right it will be pretty easy, if it was my prelude I would swap in a JDM H22a with LSD trans, then go from there.

I've heard it as blue is coolant because its more like a synthetic chemical so it would have weird effect when burning. Prove me wrong, i dare you.

I guess it depends on how much oil is burning. If it's a small amount the smoke will be white. Anything more and it will be blue.

Ok so H22a (will that fit? and is it a Vtech?) LSD, is it a manual? 5 or 6-speed?

Ok how much would that all run me? because i know i should be able to afford it as im getting a settlement check of at least 25k. but i need to save atleast half for college (i may go a little more than half on spending it on my baby(my car) )

So, does anyone know how much it would be to put that H22a in my Prelude (what liter is it?) and the LSD tranny (is it manual?) I wanted to know about how much... if no one knows for sure, could you give me the number or web address to find out?

(what else would i need to do this swap? example: wiring harness, etc.)

Ok, well i have some money to blow on the little ole honda. i have about $200 i want to do something with gauges... is there a cluster kit that replaces stock gagues?

(example: the GT/V6 to Cobra cluster for the 99-04 mustangs) something similar to that would be awsome.

Thanks in advance,

Erik G.

Archived