Bad Speaker Crossover??

Bigdadybiggs

Well guys I need help on this one. I have a speaker that just isn't working on my driver side door. The tweeter is working in the dash and all the other ones work but I have to run off the back speakers other wise it kills my head. So i am asking if anyone else out there has had this problem and if so do you think its the cross over? Its a 99 Accord EX coupe and it is making me upset. I have an aftermarket head unit in because thats what i thought might have been doing it in the first place but it turned out to be not so. If no one knows what it could be then could someone maybe give me alternatives for what i could do instead of taking it into a shop. How hard would be to run new speaker wire just to the speaker and avoid the cross over. Would it sound too bad to do this?? Thanks guys.

Well guys I need help on this one. I have a speaker that just isn't working on my driver side door. The tweeter is working in the dash and all the other ones work but I have to run off the back speakers other wise it kills my head. So i am asking if anyone else out there has had this problem and if so do you think its the cross over? Its a 99 Accord EX coupe and it is making me upset. I have an aftermarket head unit in because thats what i thought might have been doing it in the first place but it turned out to be not so. If no one knows what it could be then could someone maybe give me alternatives for what i could do instead of taking it into a shop. How hard would be to run new speaker wire just to the speaker and avoid the cross over. Would it sound too bad to do this?? Thanks guys.

Take the speaker out and see if it works on a home audio receiver. If it does not play the speaker is not working. If it does, I'm not sure what it would be. If you run new wires you would have to run it from the speaker in the door through the rubber boot in the door. Make sure not to give too much slack so it doesnt get caught in anything or not enough slack to where its pulling. If you are wiring the speaker to the deck it will be fine. I currently have my Boston Z6 mids hooked up to my aftermarket deck. If you can find a small amp with a crossover on it, you can always use that. Running aftermarket speakers to an amp is something I would recommend because the deck only puts out so much power (no more than 20w rms to a speaker). Hopefully this info is somewhat useful. As far as exactly how to wire, thats something I need to find out as well myself.

remove the bad speaker and see what happens a lot of time that bad speaker will ground out causing the other speakers to sound funny or act like there are blown also check you wiring making sure you didnt confuse any of the wires inside

The speaker isn't bad cuz i replaced the speakers and that side still didn't work so i just took teh speakers back

you dont need a crossover to run mids and tweets. fuk it , elininate the crossover , wire the 2 tweets and 2 mids in the doors , to the left and right front output , and wire them in series , or parallel. meaning , wires go from the deck to the mid , than from the mid to the tweet. or vice versa. whichever is easier. or if you wanted to cheap out a bit , twist the mid and tweets wires together behind the deck , and wire them to the left and right front that way. most aftermarket decks have high pass filters for front and rear speaker outputs now anyways.

The point of the cross over is to separate the High frequencies form the Lows and Mids. Tweeters are designed to play high frequencies not the whole spectrum, so only playing high through them will make the system sound cleaner.

If it is a bad XO, then you can go active, assuming you're crossovers are passive. I remember seeing a tutorial or somethin on caraudio.com on how to run an active setup. If you havent figured out what to do and would like to see the tutorial, ill try digging it up, but send me a PM cos i'm not on this forum often. But a quick suggestion would be to run the tweeters to one amp and the mids to another and use the crossover on the amplifier.

like i said , most decks have crossovers built into thier front and rear speaker outputs. hook them up direct and run them at 125 htz. right off the deck.

Archived