99 Accord Front Rotor Replacement

Chris R

I've heard horror stories about pulling the front rotors on a 99 Accord. From you need a special tool to remove them to, you have to have them pressed on. Can someone enlighten me?

I'd pull a tire and look but, it's a friends and I don't have to pull a tire and look at my leasure.

Thanks!

BTW, any info on the rear rotors while I'm asking?

I've heard horror stories about pulling the front rotors on a 99 Accord. From you need a special tool to remove them to, you have to have them pressed on. Can someone enlighten me?

I'd pull a tire and look but, it's a friends and I don't have to pull a tire and look at my leasure.

Thanks!

BTW, any info on the rear rotors while I'm asking?

i did front rotors on a 99 lx. Nothing but a good smack to get the rusted rotor off. New ones go right on.

i did front rotors on a 99 lx. Nothing but a good smack to get the rusted rotor off. New ones go right on.

Pretty much same for mine on my 2000... One of those rotor tools from autozone would supposedly help, but mine came off fairly easily, and the last time I used that tool, I ended up breaking a rotor (on my Ody)

P.S. A good impact wrench won't hurt pulling the screws out of the rotor, either... I just thought of that.

P.P.S. For the record, I replaced my front rotors at 98,000 miles, and I have yet to do my rear's... I now have 165,000...

I guess I should have said that I had heard horror stories about replacing rotors on Accords not, specifically the 99 model year. I was hoping thy were floating roor d I could just pull thm off. Thanks for the info.

• 6 years later...

Archived