Newbie from Missouri

Import_newbie

I have already posted a few times in the prelude section. My name is Erik. I drive a 1990 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si. It is red, but has been hit and has primer hood, driver fender, driver pop-up lights and bumper. it has 15 inch rims (205/50/15) all around. Magnaflow exhaust (muffler only i think). Its a 5-speed with a rebuilt motor and trans (about 30k miles on both). Pioneer Premier series sound system (face and speakers); im about to get some subs in the trunk. Over all, right now its gutless. I joined to learn about my car, and find out how to make it not so gutless. So far i have been told to swap my stock motor for an H22a, with a LSD trans(is that a manual?) Then go from there. i have raced 2 people with my car. a 1996 Neon (auto/base model) beat it by about 2 car lengths. And a 92 Lude.(my lude is his old one). I lost to him because he had intake, full exhaust, and it was bottle fed. I knew both guys, they are about the only friends i have. the guy that drove the neon owns an 86 5.0 Mustang... we are gonna race that tonight... we have people at the 1/8, 1/4, and full 1 mile markers to see if i can beat him in any category.

Wow, sorry for the long winded post. I like to share my "adventures" so i would like to know where that would be best for me to post? (is there even a section for that?)

Erik G.

Welcome to HF, Erik! As for where to put your "adventures", first be advised that a lot of the members of this forum look down upon street racing. With that said, there is no actual kill story forum on here, so feel free to post them in the General Discussion forum.

Yeah, i dont Street race alot, the Neon and lude races were at Rogersville friday night for "tune and test" ametures night...

This mustang race is only on the street because there is no 1 mile track near here... but there is a dead/closed road that is 1.5 miles long. Police monitor it, and have no problem with races on that road.

Sorta.. I live in Buffalo Mo. About 33 miles north of springfield.. my brother used to live in rolla, then lake of ozarks, now he moved to arizona...

Nice car (if thats your integra) i checked "my site" in your sig. after i get my lude painted and fixed i may just stop by and get my car detailed ;)

I also justmoved here to missouri from san diego cali. (much cheaper, and a LOT colder, LOL) but i have to say i like it out here...never really had "Winter" before

Just try to let it warm up before driving. If you can't do that then be really easy on it. My car always gets squeaks and rattles in the cold that aren't there when it's warmer. I swear I had a loud sqeak coming from a rear strut today, but it's only when it's cold. I hate cold weather.....I feel like crap right now too.....all because of the weather.

Welcome To HF... And MO. I'm Stationed In Ft. Leonard Wood... You'll see me out by Rolla frequently. Look for the green two door Honda with blue underglow. Oh, and no license plate. (Temp tags in the back window)... See you around. Catch you on a race sometime.

:thumbsup:

Sorta.. I live in Buffalo Mo. About 33 miles north of springfield.. my brother used to live in rolla, then lake of ozarks, now he moved to arizona...

Nice car (if thats your integra) i checked "my site" in your sig. after i get my lude painted and fixed i may just stop by and get my car detailed ;)

I also justmoved here to missouri from san diego cali. (much cheaper, and a LOT colder, LOL) but i have to say i like it out here...never really had "Winter" before

Hey all Funny... I'm fronm Independance, Mo but currently in Phoenix, AZ..... I would say welcome but I'm new here also.. LOL

Archived