Oil filter Adaptor???

alex52e

Ok, I have a leak that is coming from the "oil filter adaptor" on my car. The only mention I can find of this part is the name. I have looked in both Chilton and Haynes. Can't find anything on the forum here either. The adaptor is attached to the block (not sure how hence my question) and the oil filter screws into it. There are a couple of hoses going into the adaptor but I can't tell where they come from. The problem is that I can't see how the adaptor mounts to the engine so I can't tell how to fex the leak. Can anyone help with some more info about this adaptor?

Just to clear up any misconceptions, this is not an aftermarket adaptor to move the filter location or anything like that. It is something from the factory as far as I can tell.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, one other question- what size is the spindle nut on the front wheels? My Chilton manual claims it is a 26 or something like that, but the 30mm socket I have is too small. I'm guessing it's something like 36mm. I don't want to go out and keep buying sockets until I get the right one. I need the socket to change out my from rotors (terrible design from Honda!)

Is this an adapter that lets you run a larger filter than stock or something? What kind of car is it? You can download a full honda service manual for most Hondas at hondatech.info. Maybe you can find more info in that manual considering they're usually over 1000 pages. You can probably find the info to your second question in the obese Honda service manual too.

Still trying to download the manual so it might have more information, but I think it is the oil cooler. I found that in my Haynes manual and it says there is an o-ring between the cooler and the block. Sounds like that could likely be the culprit. has anyone ever changed this? It doesn't look that hard. I'm wondering what size the o-ring is. I have a set of rings, but they aren't very big. Is it something I'd ave to get from the dealer? I don't want to tear it apart and find out I can't get a new ring until Monday.

Is if for an oil cooler mod? Like do the hoses run to the front of the car to a radiator of some sort? If it is then it should be able to take it off.

PG07-R1.gif

Oh, one other question- what size is the spindle nut on the front wheels? My Chilton manual claims it is a 26 or something like that, but the 30mm socket I have is too small. I'm guessing it's something like 36mm. I don't want to go out and keep buying sockets until I get the right one. I need the socket to change out my from rotors (terrible design from Honda!)

Dont kno the size, but if u have a caliper use that to messure it, then buy the socket you need

Archived