98 stereo removal

JimPo

im tryin to get the from plastic peice off from around the factory unit and it seems to be caught on somethin near the top at the clock. the rest of it popped off but i cant get that piece to go and i dont wanna break my dash so im holdin off on just ripping it out. anyone know how to get that off or if theres a screw in there or jus a pdf diagram somewhere i can look at?

im tryin to get the from plastic peice off from around the factory unit and it seems to be caught on somethin near the top at the clock. the rest of it popped off but i cant get that piece to go and i dont wanna break my dash so im holdin off on just ripping it out. anyone know how to get that off or if theres a screw in there or jus a pdf diagram somewhere i can look at?

Here are the directions straight from my Haynes Manual:

1. Pry the clock bezel carefully from the cener instrument panel bezel.

2. Pull the clock bezel out enough to disconnect the electrical connector from the clock and the hazard switch.

3. Detach the retaining screws from the trim panel. There is one at the top in the clock bezel cavity and 2 at the bottom. The remainder of the panel fasteners are clips. Pry carefully on the panel until the clips re disengaged.

4. The air conditioning and heater control panel is attached to the center instrument panel by screws on the back. Pull the panel away from the dashboard enough to disconnect the 2 electrical connectors at the heater controls and remove the panel.

5. As all Haynes manuals state, Installation is the reverse of removal.

:thumbsup:

its a hidden screw up at the top.. my 00 accord is the same setup and if you pull it too far up the screw will pop off.. mine did.. but its fine there is no reason for the screw to even be there.. mine is still nice and snug in the dash.. so if you wanna actually get it off right you have to screw around with the clock n crap

Here are the directions straight from my Haynes Manual:

1. Pry the clock bezel carefully from the cener instrument panel bezel.

2. Pull the clock bezel out enough to disconnect the electrical connector from the clock and the hazard switch.

3. Detach the retaining screws from the trim panel. There is one at the top in the clock bezel cavity and 2 at the bottom. The remainder of the panel fasteners are clips. Pry carefully on the panel until the clips re disengaged.

4. The air conditioning and heater control panel is attached to the center instrument panel by screws on the back. Pull the panel away from the dashboard enough to disconnect the 2 electrical connectors at the heater controls and remove the panel.

5. As all Haynes manuals state, Installation is the reverse of removal.

:thumbsup:

I got the same manual and he is correct

not sure if this helps but check it out

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/PDF/466037.pdf

That's actually the wrong one... That should read "'94-97"... I hate when "professional" places can't even get their **** right. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard. That's for a 5th gen, not a 6th. 6th gen's started in 1998. Grrr... That stuff just drives me insane sometimes...>_<

As everyone said, take the clock out. I used some masking tape on a screw driver, and I've also used a credit card to take it out. You will see the screw immediately. To make things easier, disconnect the clock. There are two screws underneath the black bezel, take those out ask well. Use that mask taped screw driver to pry out the bottom of the bezel. I had the same problem as you and the first time I just worked my way around it (the top part not coming off even when the screw behind the clock was out). All you gotta do is just carefully pull out the top of the bezel with some force. It's just another clip on the top, thats all. Once you do that it makes things a bit easier, but you can still work your way around it.

That's actually the wrong one... That should read "'94-97"... I hate when "professional" places can't even get their **** right. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard. That's for a 5th gen, not a 6th. 6th gen's started in 1998. Grrr... That stuff just drives me insane sometimes...>_<

Damn your right..i had the correct link before, cant find it anymore either. i'll post it if i come across it in the morning tomorrow

Archived