94 accord overheating

lud

hello, i have a 94 accord ex which is overheating and i don't know why? When I start the car is running ok, after driving it for a while on a regular street i'm goin on the hwy for about 10 mins. After i get of the highway on the first light... when the car is on idle the temp. in the engine start rising. As soon as i start driving, the temperatrure goes back down to normal.My fans are working when i get the out of the ignition, and the coolant in the radiator is full. what might be my problem. no check engine light is on. !??!!?>_< :mad2::mad:

if your car is hot , and no heat comes out of the vents , its a thermostat sticking shut. if car wont heat up and theres lukewarm to hardly heat , its stuck open. if you have heat , and car is overheating , could be a fan relay , low on fluid , plugged rad or coolant hose somewhere. could be toher things but this is good start for ya , lol.

if your car is hot , and no heat comes out of the vents , its a thermostat sticking shut. if car wont heat up and theres lukewarm to hardly heat , its stuck open. if you have heat , and car is overheating , could be a fan relay , low on fluid , plugged rad or coolant hose somewhere. could be toher things but this is good start for ya , lol.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
you need a new radiator. my car did the same thing. i bought and installed a new one and everything was fine.

o yeah... well that's what i heard.... after.. replacing the termostat....but i wasn't sure....

thanks...

Archived