CRX HF w/ B18A1 overheating problem

klipsch

hello. Im new here (just registered) but I got my CRX 2 days ago so I should be around alot...

Anyway, the car has B18A1 (LS/non-vtec) motor in it. The car was like that when I bought it. Normally I do NOT buy somebody's swaps but it wasnt a bad deal (clean body, skunk2 coil overs, Hasport motor mouns).

The problem is that the car overheats. I need water pump and new radiator (possibly a thermo switch as well b/c fan dont kick in).

I wanted to ask if stock CRX radiator will provide enough cooling for b18a1 motor or do I need to step it up for some aftermarket one?

Thx. Klipsch

yes it will cool that engine fine , and if your fan dont come on , 99% chance it needs a new relay. more info would be good. if when the car is overhot , heading towards the H , and you turn the heat on and get no heat through the vents just cold air , you need a thermo. if you do , your rad is prolly plugged. to be quite honest , honda water pumps dont go very often from my experience.

Replaced radiator and thermostat today at work and while I was doing that I noticed that thermo switch ....not even connected. Dont know who is more of an idiot: me for not inspecting everything carefuly or the guy I got the car from ( oil drain plug was also hand tight :crazy: )

Tomorrow will plug in scanner to chek the sensors. Car is idling on 2100 at normal operating temp as well. If everything works out fine (if Ill be lucky enough and acura guys will my parts in stock) water pump and timing belt will be installed.

thx for the help cranny

That engine is in there only temporary so it can drive me to and back from work. In a few months B18C heart implant coming from Japan... As I said I dont normally buy smbody's swaps (aka headaches) and if I do Im getting my own "insides" for the car. GSR will be perfect. Mugen all the way :thumbsup:

Archived