Wheels problem -- they won't come off

adas

I know this might like a silly question, I'm new to Honda Accord... but I'm trying to switch tires on my Accord 97 and after loosening and taking off the 4 bolts, the tires/wheels won't come off -- the wheel moves a few inches back and forth (not outward though -- just back and forth in the direction the tires would normally move) but won't slide off... It's prtobably a newbie issue, but I'd appreciate any help!!! Do I need to do anything else to take of the freaking wheels?

Thanks!

oh your wheels are kinda stuck to the hub. this happend to my friends accord. try to get some wd40 in there and knock the wheel off that way. when you put them back on, put some lube on the hub to prevent it from happening again.

turn your back to the car with your ass resting on it almost , and back kick it.

back kick it lol never heard that before, just make sure to kick the tire not the middle of the wheel lol. happens on my car all the time, its from brake dust and heat from the brakes.

yes just as everybody else said, give the tire a good kick (from the outside) and it should loosen it. Be careful not to kick it too hard b/c your car is on a jack. For safety purposes, don't get under your car and kick it or use a mallet to hit it for the car may fall on top of you. BE CAREFUL and good luck :)

dont get mad , say fuk this , and than kick it as hard as you possibly can , and hit the fenders , hahaha. that = no good. i put back brakes on a maxda5 the other week there , the back wheels were so seized onto the car , first we tired the norm like this , kicking the fuk out them to no avail , than we got the sludge out , beat the fuk out of it for a bit , nothing. than the owner was getting upset , so he says fuk this piece a crap , leave the lugnuts off and put it back on the ground , well shake the bastard and hop it around till they crack. so we do that , put the car on the ground , lugs off , and 4 of us , one on each corner commence to violently shake the car back and forth , the wheels were comming off the ground on each side near a foot , we were shaking it that hard , as hard as we could. pushing the car acorss the floor of my garage , lol. NOTHING!!!. they were fuked. so i said ok , i got one more idea , we jack the car back up , put it on stands , lay the jack on its side inbetween the 2 back wheels. piece of wood on the inside of each rim , and start jacking the wheels apart , hahaha.finally after we had alot of pressure on them , BOING!!! , came off and HIT THE WALL!!!. never seen anything like it. if someone had of been standing in the way of the wheel and the wall , ouch is all i have to say , lol.

i worked in a dealership and what we used to do, is take your hand or a hammer and beat the tires all the way around and loosen it up

make sure the care is secure on a good jack stand or heavy duty jack that wont move or slide

i worked in a dealership and what we used to do, is take your hand or a hammer and beat the tires all the way around and loosen it up

make sure the care is secure on a good jack stand or heavy duty jack that wont move or slide

a 90 accord fell on my friend zak. the tire was on the passenger side. and he was under the car on that side. but it was jacked up on the drivers side and the tire was off of that side. and it just fell on him. of course because he was on the passengers side, nothing happend to him, but it scared the hell out of him though.

Archived