3.0L V6's in 98-2002 Accords

Bernst

Just a question,

does anyone know what these motors are like? also the mated auto tranny to it?

I heard bad things, but I thought I would check with the experts.

thanks.

:)

Engine is A+ and transmission is one of the worst in the v6, although there are people who have gone 100,000 without any slippage, many also say they have replaced the transmission every 40-50,000...

• 2 months later...

Mine is a 3.0 V-6 V-TEC Coupe 2002 and it runs GREAT. I added a cold air intake and the car loves it. I hope that crap about the transmission is not true. Mine only has about 83K on it but it runs awsome. It definetely will go if you need to pick up nd go. Once i add the exhaust and headers that thing is gonna get on it. i like it

Just a question,

does anyone know what these motors are like? also the mated auto tranny to it?

I heard bad things, but I thought I would check with the experts.

thanks.

:)

it's very iffy with thoose cars, Honda f*cked up on that one, the ones that we're Japan Built are the one's with the tranny issues. They tried to use the Acura CL tranny with that and apparently the tolerances we're off wierd or something quite odd for Honda...

Although, my father had a Jap-Built 98 Accord LX and that had 130K with no issues...

That's a tough call... Honda isn't admitting to that mistake either

Archived