speedometer on 94 accord

daleb777

The speedometer on my 94 accord works part of the time. my dad thinks it may be a ground problem somewhere, but i have no clue. if anyone has heard of anything like this, it would be great if you could give me a few thing to check out. thanks ahead of time.

The speedometer on my 94 accord works part of the time. my dad thinks it may be a ground problem somewhere, but i have no clue. if anyone has heard of anything like this, it would be great if you could give me a few thing to check out. thanks ahead of time.

Your dad may very well be right about that, but it could also be your speed sensor malfunctioning. I have a 91 accord and I had to get a new speed sensor because something in it malfunctioned. It just stopped all together though.

same car, same year, same problem. the speeometer just doesnt work, it bounces and pings all over the place. for a while too, like 30 minutes maybe when thecars cold, after it heats up it gives a fairly accurate reading.

same car, same year, same problem. the speeometer just doesnt work, it bounces and pings all over the place. for a while too, like 30 minutes maybe when thecars cold, after it heats up it gives a fairly accurate reading.

ya, mine goes crazy every once in a while, too. any answers anybody?

well gentlemen and possibly ladies. i currently have the same issue with my 96 accord ex 2.2 vtec. it surges up and down, doesn't work from time-to-time, and speed reading is off. i know the actual speed is off by 2-3 miles per hour b/c i had my speed clocked off of one of those trailer radar units that cops use on their K-9 SUV. they leave this radar trailer unit on the road to let people know their speed. well i decided to play with it and go up and down the road. no cops in sight. it's a decoy thing for them. anyway, one or the other, if not both needs to be replaced. the speedometer cable/speed sensor. i just looked at the pricing for a speed sensor and yeah, bastids want around $120.00 for it. i didn't check the pricing for the cable.

well good luck and let us know your outcome.

Archived