1995 2.2 V-Tec motor question

Huffa

I have (well actually P/U Monday) a 1995 Honda EX wagon with 2.2 V-Tec motor in it. It has a 133,00 miles on it. I'm quite sure the timing belt was changed but not positive. Dealer could not tell me for sure.

Is the V-Tec motor a none interference motor where if the belt would break the valves would not hit the pistons? Is my thinking correct that is all that could happen if it is a N/I motor? In other words the belt breaks and I simply install new one with out it doing any other damage.

Any detective work I can do to tell if it was replaced? I'll bet it was but I don't like to gamble if it is interference motor, that's for sure!

Here is a pic of the car ................

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...0928&rd=1,1

that is the first time i've heard of anyone asking about a "hitter" motor on the forums.

Your kidding?? No one ever wondered about it?

I have a feeling almost all honda motors are "hitter" motors.

Where in upsate NY are you? Anywhere near New Berlin?

That wagon does not have VTEC. You are mistaken, sir. Though, this does not change the fact that it is indeed a "hitter."

No, you are mistaken, it DOES have VTEC. It states it (put your glasses on) on the valve cover itself.

" The '94 engines were upgraded, with each version receiving a 5 horsepower bump in output, meaning 130 horses now motivated the DX and LX models and EXs boasted 145 ponies. More importantly, the EX's engine featured Honda's "VTEC" (Variable valve Timing and lift, Electronic Control) system."

So what made you think this EX didn't have it?

Ok ok. Chill. I made a mistake. I did a word search for VTEC on the page and nothing came up. You didn't have to give me a quote in bold and make a big deal in proving me wrong. Sorry.

It's cool, I didn't mean it to sound like a big deal. I always highlight in bold when I am correcting someone.

No need to apologize, I understand.

everything with EX on the back , should have VTEC. the fact you can put more crap in the back means nothing , lol.

Maybe to you it means nothing but to me it means a great deal. Be prettyy hard to fit 3 Newfoundland's in the back of a sedan. :D LOL

I like the fact that they are quite hard to come by too + like the looks of them.

Archived