Modular clutch

sohcVTEC-E

well , most motorcycles have whats called a wet clutch. the clutch is submerged in oil the whole time. theres like 6 clutch discs , instead of one , and they cant be worn out. you can ride that bastard all day long every day , its tough as nails. the definition of modular as far as i know would be a preassembled whole unit.

yeah a preassembled whole unit like i said , i was thinking of a home when i thought of definition. like a modular home , lol , they bring it to you ready to go , lol.

Modular clutch construction in which a clutch cover assembly, concentrically containing a pressure plate actuating a clutch disc assembly, is fixed to the flywheel of an engine as a modular unit. The construction improves the modular connection between the clutch cover peripheral wall and the flywheel; in particular through the use of pins to restrain the cover from whirling relative to the flywheel, and by a taking advantage of a method of starter ring-gear installation in which the gear is shrink-fitted over the flywheel with the clutch cover peripheral wall intervening, such that the circumferential end margin of the clutch cover is simultaneously clamped between the ring gear and the flywheel cylindrical surface. The clutch cover is thus secured onto the flywheel in an assembly stage of reduced steps, by comparison with methods employing bolts or other fasteners as the primary connecting means. The modular connection can further be by matching mortise and tenon forms, or by mutually engaging threads, in corresponding portions of the flywheel and the clutch cover.

i do know it's one unit, but not exactly how it works.

i also do know that it's the smoothest engaging clutch i've ever driven (srt-4) and i love it. i wish my integra had a modular clutch, they're bullet proof.

Archived