speakers

brianw90

1998 accord 4dr looking to upgrade the stock speakers to get some extra thump.

does anybody know what size is in this car?

any suggestions on brands on what or what not to get

and read somewhere i might not have to take off the door panels, is this true?

i would like to put a sub in the trunk too but i dont think i can afford to lose the space so i wanna get more powerfull speakers.

and ill prolly keep the stock head unit

You're not gonna get any more 'thump' out of speakers. For that you need a sub (you can get a reasonably priced package). But I asked for the best quality and got Boston speakers. You should def get a better deck though too (I say Kenwood, Pioneer, or Alpine).

Eclipse, Alpine, or Kenwood Head Unit

Eclipse, MB Quart, or Boston Acoustics Component Speakers w/ Crossovers

2 small amps to run the component speakers. 1 for right side, 1 for left side.

Rockford Fosgate Speaker Wire

that set-up would be hella loud and you wouldn't really need a sub, but you'll spend an arm and a leg for that...

how are

xplod or pioneers

people say xplods are trash, but i installed some in my friends jeep and they get the job done for the money. if youre just looking for some speakers with decent sound for a good price, id say xplods are fine. if you want something with better sound quality, go with something else. i have infinitis and they are really clean. you should probably get a new head unit also, it really does help a lot

well the Polk DUB series are real nice....i neglected to mention that i had a regular polk sub that blew out in a week lol....

Polks are good once in a while.

See i think we just had reg. polk speakers that shoudve just had a sticker on the box that said "These speakers SUCK, and who ever suggested these to u SUCKS also"

Eclipse, Alpine, or Kenwood Head Unit

Eclipse, MB Quart, or Boston Acoustics Component Speakers w/ Crossovers

2 small amps to run the component speakers. 1 for right side, 1 for left side.

Rockford Fosgate Speaker Wire

that set-up would be hella loud and you wouldn't really need a sub, but you'll spend an arm and a leg for that...

Actually, that would be 1 for the front, and 1 for the rear. Alternatively, you could go with a 4 channel amp and run all 4 from the same amp.

i went to best buy

they had the rockfordpunch, alpines and pioneers. outta those three which way u think is best. so far i hear alpines are a good way to go. i want something with some good bass and im now considerin a small box for the trunk

one more question. what should i look for, i noticed some had more watts but lower rms and some had higher rms and less watts. anybody know which one would be better to have the higher in?

thanks

i like eclipse. i had an eclipse deck and speaks in my old accord wagon, they were very nice. complimented by two 12" JBL subs in the back, that thing hit like there was no tommrow. i got a sweet deal on those subs; subs,amp,box for 300 flat. sweet stuff.

I have xplod amp and 10" sub and it isn't great, but its not bad for the money. I ONLY got mine because I couldn't hear crap over my car, lol. So if your car is real loud, then fine quality differences are barely going to be noticeable.

Archived