Main Relay, I think.

Dabbs93Accord

Hello all, first time on the boards. Reason being, I had some trouble with my 93 accord the other night, as in it died right in the middle of a hill. It refused to start after it died. I ofcourse had to get it towed to where I work, at a service station ironically. The next morning when I came to work, I tried to start it, and what do you know, fired right up like nothing happened. This is my problem. I know it needs a main relay because I already had the won't start in hot weather issue. Problem is, it was cold out when my whole ordeal happened, not to mention I was driving when it happened. So basically my question is, could the relay be so bad that it would dis-engage in the middle of driving? Or is there something else I should look into first. I haven't driven the car much since the other night, and if it doesn't happen again, there isn't really a way to diagnose the problem. Any advice or experience with this problem would be greatly appriciated.

i just had my main relay go out on mine and its a realy easy fix. Mine got so bad to the point that it wouldnt even start up in cold wheather but when i did get it started every once in a while, it never went out while i was driving. im guessing u got more goin on than just ur main relay.

i just had my main relay go out on mine and its a realy easy fix. Mine got so bad to the point that it wouldnt even start up in cold wheather but when i did get it started every once in a while, it never went out while i was driving. im guessing u got more goin on than just ur main relay.

You could be right. Either way I need one anyhow, I just got it today and I will probably put it in tomorrow, we'll see what happens.

Archived