noob question...( maint req'd)

accOrd O3

well im new to honda but not new to cars..i have a 2003 honda accord 5spd sedan and i just got my car 6 months ago and i got in my car today and i saw the maint req'd flashing when i turn the car on..only thing that came to mind was oil change coz i was 4,000 miles over my oil change can it be that or what else can cause to make it flash? do i have to take it to the dealer and get that reseted?

If it's Maintenance Required, then you can reset it yourself. It is merely a timer, and when you get your oil changed, they are supposed to reset it, but they don't always. Seeing as you haven't gotten yours done, then I would say that is it...

The instructions should be in your Manual. On older Honda's, there was a single button that reset it. I have a 2000, and you turn the car off, hold your triptik reset as you turn the ignition to "on", and when it stops flashing, you let go and it's reset. I don't have any experience with 7th gen's though, so I'm not exactly sure, but it should DEFINATELY be in your manual. That's where I found mine...

Archived