Farewell Civic

sohcVTEC-E

The Civic is non existant anymore. I got in a mondo accident and destroyed the car pretty much. No collision insurance so I probably won't be repairing it. I am looking at getting a DSM (don't flame, they're really nice) or an H22 hatch if its not rediculously over priced (which it probably is). Basically what happened is I pulled out of work got on the enterance ramp for the expressway and swerved to avoid a broken down vehicle that had 0 lights on and 0 anything to make it visible. I ended up jumping the median and right into oncoming traffic. I was probably going 15 and got hit by someone going probably 30ish... :( Sad day but I'm excited for what the future holds.

I am looking at getting a DSM (don't flame, they're really nice)

Since I'm currently the owner of a non-running DSM, I must, wholeheartedly suggest you steer yourself elsewhere, lest you wish to be plagued by constant troubles.

aw man dude, i'm sorry to hear that.

I'm really glad to hear you're ok though, that must have been scary!

Are you gonna part the civic out? how much for the trans?

sorry, i'm just curious...

I have a ton of friends with DSM's and they have no problems. The one I'm looking at is a 91 talon 160000 on the body and 30K on the 4g63T motor. I'm probably going with that because turbos>*.

Then they were lucky. Myself and a friend of mine both had ours fail within 6 months of purchase. His spun a bearing, mine *we think* warped a head, leaked coolant, and mutated the timing belt. Once this one is fixed and sold, I will never buy a DSM crapbox again. The Honda/Toyota gods punished me because I wasn't patient enough to wait for what I *really* wanted.

Wow.. I'm glad you're ok dude. Going into traffic is never good.

I would agree. DSM cars are cool, but it's not worth the chance. You could end up getting some crap box that takes thousands to fix or might be the 1/150 that gets one that runs.. for a while. A friend of mine with a GSX cracked the valve cover. How the f*ck do you do that on a stock motor? I don't even know..

Stick with Honda or something else.. anything but those money pits.

Archived