Question!

Monty

I'm curious because, with modding and swapping engines and such, does it really matter if it says EX/LX/DX? If nothing other than, for example, the seats are stock, then it doesn't really push you one way or another.

Or am I missing it entirely and there's more differences than just then EX's (in my case) 15 hp boost?

DX is going to be your low end, so I know for the generation I have (6th gen) the DX could come equipped with the ULEV block instead of the LEV block, which would make a difference in your power.

LX is kind of your "average" model. Nothing extra special in it, but it gives you what the average consumer would want, i.e. power locks, power windows, etc. For my generation, there isn't any difference in power between the LX and EX. The next power jump is to the V6.

EX is your higher end model... Usually has a moonroof, spoiler, etc. from the factory. I THINK that when I had a '93 LX, it was without VTEC, and the EX was with VTEC, but I could be wrong there. I know my '93 didn't have VTEC though. I think VTEC began in '92? as well.

I never owned a 5th gen accord, so I can't really help you if there's any differences in power, but hopefully this gives you a start on the differences.

Edit: Oh ya, there's also an SE model, which is supposedly a step above EX, but they were only available in certain years. (Hence, "Special Edition", or SE) I don't remember what years, but they are anniversary editions. They usually come with all the top of the line options, like leather, etc.

DX is going to be your low end, so I know for the generation I have (6th gen) the DX could come equipped with the ULEV block instead of the LEV block, which would make a difference in your power.

LX is kind of your "average" model. Nothing extra special in it, but it gives you what the average consumer would want, i.e. power locks, power windows, etc. For my generation, there isn't any difference in power between the LX and EX. The next power jump is to the V6.

EX is your higher end model... Usually has a moonroof, spoiler, etc. from the factory. I THINK that when I had a '93 LX, it was without VTEC, and the EX was with VTEC, but I could be wrong there. I know my '93 didn't have VTEC though. I think VTEC began in '92? as well.

I never owned a 5th gen accord, so I can't really help you if there's any differences in power, but hopefully this gives you a start on the differences.

Edit: Oh ya, there's also an SE model, which is supposedly a step above EX, but they were only available in certain years. (Hence, "Special Edition", or SE) I don't remember what years, but they are anniversary editions. They usually come with all the top of the line options, like leather, etc.

Vtec wasnt available in any 4th generations. They came with an f22a (which is what I have in my 91 EX) and vtec started with the f22b in 5th generation, but I'm not sure exactly what year it was available.

Archived