TRANSMISSION STOPS WHEN WARM

JOEHONDA

I have a 1992 Honda Accord. When I start it is runs ok until it gets warm then the trans stops and the car wont go. The engine will rev but no movement. If I let it cool for 3-5 minutes and start it again and put it in gear it runs for alittle bit then same thing happens.

Anyone have any ideas as to what will cause this.

test the solenoids dude. could be a solenoid. clean them and test them. they are on top of your tranny , looks like 3 vtec solenoids on your tranny , lol. thats what changes gears.

I was just about to post a topic like this. My brother is having the same problem with his 1991 accord (auto 4spd) He says itll run and drive fine for like 10-15 min and then nothing the car will stay running but wont move. Then if he shuts it off it wont start back up for a couple minutes. He flushed the tranny and put new fluid in and still does the same thing. Wondering if I could get some help for him? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
I was just about to post a topic like this. My brother is having the same problem with his 1991 accord (auto 4spd) He says itll run and drive fine for like 10-15 min and then nothing the car will stay running but wont move. Then if he shuts it off it wont start back up for a couple minutes. He flushed the tranny and put new fluid in and still does the same thing. Wondering if I could get some help for him? Thanks

In just got 1989 honda accord LXI. And the problem is the same thing with the transmission. While the engine is running and I put R and the car is backward but when I put D1 the transmission disengage.

I need enlightment.

Thanks

Archived