Accord Vs Civic

rambandagi

I'm an accord fan, so I would go Accord myself, but it depends on what your planning on doing with it. I drive 62 miles a day to work (one way), so IMO a civic is not comfortable enough for me, so I like my larger Accord. If you want to mod it, its going to be a lot easier to find anything you want to do with a Civic...

I'm an accord fan, so I would go Accord myself, but it depends on what your planning on doing with it. I drive 62 miles a day to work (one way), so IMO a civic is not comfortable enough for me, so I like my larger Accord. If you want to mod it, its going to be a lot easier to find anything you want to do with a Civic...

Hi Jeffro,

thanks for the feed back....i was wondering which of the 2 is practical. I use it to commute and pretty sure that I would driving a lot this month. So I need a reliable car for that. 92-Accord has 70K miles, 96-Civic has 105K miles....but the seller has promised to change the timing belt and water pump for the accord. Whereas, the Civic guy has not. The civic is pretty decent to look at and runs well, but when I open the hood, the engine has a very mild knocking sound? which I am not sure.......however Accord has no engine problems, but is quite old ....the Accord is 500$ less than the Civic...so with this could you provide me with your feed back....I would greatly appreciate your suggestions on this ....thanks again.

I think by that description the Accord would be a no brainer. Also, he shouldn't need to replace the timing belt until 105K, which is standard practice for Honda dealerships (I had my 00 Accord done at 105,000 which is when Honda has it scheduled by their maintenance)... I'd ask the civic guy about that before even considering it, because having that done can be costly (I think it was near $1000 for my 6th gen). With 70,000 miles, the Accord shouldn't need it done, but if he does it, I'd take that car in a heartbeat...

I think by that description the Accord would be a no brainer. Also, he shouldn't need to replace the timing belt until 105K, which is standard practice for Honda dealerships (I had my 00 Accord done at 105,000 which is when Honda has it scheduled by their maintenance)... I'd ask the civic guy about that before even considering it, because having that done can be costly (I think it was near $1000 for my 6th gen). With 70,000 miles, the Accord shouldn't need it done, but if he does it, I'd take that car in a heartbeat...

Thanks a lot for your feed back !!!! I think its quite clear that Accord is a better choice of the 2 based on your feed back.

This is probably a bit late, but I drive a 91 accord and it has over 210k miles on it and the engine still runs great. The accord sounds like a better deal to me. Just thought I'd leave my 2 cents.

Hi,

I am confused, whether to go in for a used 1996 honda civic or 1992 accord. the civic has 100k miles and the accord 70k miles on it. I would greatly appreciate if anyone would comment on this.....

thanks a lot!!

take the accord less miles more life u no what im saying?

• 1 month later...

ACCORD PLAYA. I had a bad ass 98'civic coupe with ground effects and everything. GREAT car. very good looking car and great on gas HOWEVER my 02 coupe V-6 Accord is awesome. Higher end car, smooth ride and more stylish. Either way-they'll both run forever with very small maintenance. Accords retain higher value as well.

it doesn't matter as long as you put a REALLY big wing on it and a body kit!

haha.. i think the old accords look sweet with a wing on it.. i personally think the accord is better than a civic though. but thats just me... pimp an accord, dont see too many on the streets cuz so many people have civics cuz of the way they were sported in the fast and furious.. and from what you said about the (knocking sound)..., and miles

civic ----> accord

worst thing you could do is buy a car that has a problem that you dont even knw of

Archived