guage needle

zay386

• 10 months later...
mine has the same problem. searched the forum and couldn't find anything on this. any directions on what bulb is needed for a 94 EX 5M or a pictorial showing the work needed?
well your needles arent lit. the four bulbs in the cluster are 194/168 style bulbs. the two little bulbs on top providing light for the needles are little 72 style bulbs.

well your needles arent lit. the four bulbs in the cluster are 194/168 style bulbs. the two little bulbs on top providing light for the needles are little 72 style bulbs.

Thanks. Do I need to remove the instrument cluster to do this? If so, what's the best way to do this?

Yes, you need to remove the instrument cluster.

Long ago, airhunt2 asked how to remove his tach, I gave a pretty detailed instruction here.

Let me know if you don't follow the instructions.

replace everything with LEDs like i did and you wont be worrying about them going out for quite some time! ive removed my dash so many times i lost count. it's never something i look forward to though.

replace everything with LEDs like i did and you wont be worrying about them going out for quite some time! ive removed my dash so many times i lost count. it's never something i look forward to though.

Thanks Velocifero. Where can I find the LEDs that will fit?

Thanks Velocifero. Where can I find the LEDs that will fit?

ebay or here: http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini-wedge.html

theyre almost as cheap and theyre based in America so it doesnt take 3+ weeks like some overseas ebay stores. ive gotten some bulbs from them. look for the "WLED" the wide angle ones for the cluster. the cluster is just replacements, the lighter and two bulbs above the cluster can be too. the switches and climate control gets more complicated however. i used blue bulbs. look: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c400/Mec...interonite2.jpg

for some reason some of the lights look light blue. in fact, they arent. they look like normal blue LEDs, it's just a trick of the camera.

Archived