1994 Accord 2DR- 4cyl: drive axle seal

sparlanc

I installed a new drive axle into a 1994 2 door Accord. I also tapped in a new differential seal. I am now seeing a few drops of trans. fluid on the driveway. I can see the drops forming right under the seal area. I am wondering if I did not seat the seal in far enough. I hope someone has some experience with this.

I haven't changed an axle in a few years, but I was thinking that one side will leak Tranny fluid when you take the old out... Is it possible that this is just some that leaked when you did the swap? Or is there a steady growth of fluid on your driveway? If the axle wasn't in all the way, you'd find out soon enough, so my vote goes to the seal...

I haven't changed an axle in a few years, but I was thinking that one side will leak Tranny fluid when you take the old out... Is it possible that this is just some that leaked when you did the swap? Or is there a steady growth of fluid on your driveway? If the axle wasn't in all the way, you'd find out soon enough, so my vote goes to the seal...

There is a steady growth of fluid on the driveway and the fluid is also splashing on some of the areas around the axle. The axle did snap in, the cars drives fine. I really think it is the seal. I was afraid to seat it any further than flush with the differential case. Thanks for the reply

Archived