92 accord check engine light on and car is missing

lumberman

Hello I need some help. My 92 Accord has developed a miss. Here are the details I can give. About two months ago my light came on and their was a squek under the hood. It was my distributor (very spendy part). The bearing in the distributor was starting to seize so I know this was part of the problem. Since I put this in my check eng. light has'nt gone off. I unhooked the batt cable for an hour and it still hasn't gone off. The other thing going on is that it has been missing off and on. Here's what it does: It idles fine, but when I let off the gas and apply it again it misses like going into a corner or at a stop sign. I've tried new plugs and a new fuel filter, but no success. I'm trying to fix this problem myself because I can't find anyone who can pull the code on a Honda. To me it's a fuel or spark problem. I still drive it every day, but I'm scared to go to far though. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Not sure what the problem is, but it is easy to pull the codes. I also have a 92 Accord and I pulled mine recently because of a check engine light. If you have a Haynes or Chilton's manual, it will tell you how to do it, but if I remember right, you jumper a connector that is at the top of the kick panel just inside the passenger foot well. Then, you turn the ignition to ACC. The check engine light will blink to show you the codes stored. If you don't have a Haynes or Chilton manual, you will need one to find out what the codes mean. Or, you might be able to find them online somewhere.

Hope this helps!

Archived