My alarm has a mind of its own?! please help!

apex32

Recently my car alarm started going off shortly after i get home and go inside, usually within 2-5 minutes. The thing is that i never arm the alarm, i just hit lock once. It will go off when i get home at midnight, and most likely wake up my end of the street. It is very loud and the lights flash. I have tried to hit the door lock button on the door itself, and use the remote but only clicking it once, and it still will go off. Im not set on the idea of leaving the car unlocked, so i am seeking help. Please let me know any tips you may have, they are greatly appreciated and much needed.

EDIT: Also the rear right lock feels sluggish, i have to hit the unlock button like 3-4+ times to get it to go up, it will go up a millimeter at a time sometimes. Not sure if this is related or in some way a problem. But i always make sure that when i get out of the car, i push that one down from inside so that it doesnt confuse the car when all other 3 locks are down and that one isnt.

Recently my car alarm started going off shortly after i get home and go inside, usually within 2-5 minutes. The thing is that i never arm the alarm, i just hit lock once. It will go off when i get home at midnight, and most likely wake up my end of the street. It is very loud and the lights flash. I have tried to hit the door lock button on the door itself, and use the remote but only clicking it once, and it still will go off. Im not set on the idea of leaving the car unlocked, so i am seeking help. Please let me know any tips you may have, they are greatly appreciated and much needed.

EDIT: Also the rear right lock feels sluggish, i have to hit the unlock button like 3-4+ times to get it to go up, it will go up a millimeter at a time sometimes. Not sure if this is related or in some way a problem. But i always make sure that when i get out of the car, i push that one down from inside so that it doesnt confuse the car when all other 3 locks are down and that one isnt.

that sounds crazy. i would disconnect it from the battery (if you can) and manually lock the doors until you can take it in to have it looked at. did you get it from best buy or circuit city? mines a python so its covered forever under circuit city. ive had a few problems in the past and theyve fixed them all for free including a brand new brain for the system. if your system doesnt have a warranty, i dont know what to tell you. get a new one.

if you take it to the dealer they are gonna hook it up to a computer, tell you yup its broken then charge you up the anus to replace the whole thing. its prolly easier and cheaper to just buy a new alarm.

I love some of the advice given - what if he buys a new alarm and that isn't the problem? Sounds like a wiring problem to me. Start where there are other electrical problems - on the door with the faulty lock might be a good place. Have a look inside the door panel and check the cables, especially in the sleeve between the door and body. If anything looks damaged or corroded, that could cause issues.

I would suggest driving to your local dealer and ask them if they have seen the problem before. Electrical problems are often difficult to trace, but if they are common then the guys who always deal with Hondas may have an instant idea. The worst that will happen is that they might not be helpful, then you can chose whether to pay for an inspection or go somewhere cheaper.

this may be a shot in the dark but i hate car batters they always die when eva i get a new car and i go crazy thinking some thing is wrong whit my car but it always the battery. maybe try checking that out.

Archived