Noobie here, need help with 92 Accord Manual

TechFundi

Hi,

I am n00bie from Canada and I dont know ANYTHING about cars so I joined the Honda forums to extend my knowledge on at least my own car, haha. Please be patient with me and avoid writing abbreviations for car parts.

Here're the problems:

I have a 92 Honda Accord, manual transmission, was parked at a friends garage throughout the summer. It's my winter car, so I took it out on road after like 6-7 months basically. Its got disc breaks on it, so i recentlly replaced the disks clips (shafts, whatever you call them) and ended up paying 120 bucks for each piece. The mechanic really screwed me up....I feel like swearing at him right now. The problem with my car is that its starting to vibrate after 60-70 mph, sometimes it vibrates at 40mph but very briefly. Whats really weird is that once I start speeding and drive around 70-80mph the vibrations gets milder. There are no problems with the breaks, engine, etc. just got safety and emissions test which went smooth. The car starts very well - i installed a new main relay on it as well. I was thinking if it needs plugs replaced? maybe air filter?

The second problem is that, the washer fluid tank is broken somwhere, When I start filling the tank up it only fills up halfway through and then the water starts dropping down the floor. Where can i get a cheap one ?

Not to mention, the pipes leading to the washer fluid nossels are damaged or broken somewhere. When I pull the washerfluid bar to release water, i can hear the noise of the pump relasing water but i dont see it splash on the screen. Then I opened the hood to see if theres any leakage visible, but I wasn't able to locate the area where the water leaks from.

Third problem is the ABS -air bag system- lights are always on while I am driving. How do i get 'em turned off or possibly fixed?

Lastly, the gas meter bar doesn't fluctuate anymore, its stuck in one place. However the gas light turns on when Its running low on fuel. Whats most likely be wrong with it?

Just to let you guys know that I am REALLY broke right now, so i'd really appreciate it if you can suggest the cheapest solutions for these problems.

Thanks

-TechFundi

Concerning your gas meter, if the needle stays on full, look for a disconnected or broken wire to the sender in the fuel tank. On the vibration, first have the tires balanced. Usually if the vibration lessens at higher speeds, its tire imbalance. On some Hondas you can access these wires to the fuel sender once the rear seat lower cushion is removed, others are accessed from under the car at the fuel tank.

Archived