88 Accord electric gremlin

shadowgamesxj

I just picked up an 88 accord with 133k when I got it, it needed an alternator (froze up) and a battery, the car sat for a month with the new battery and it ran fine, I did some other work to the car and the other day went out and the battery was dead, I measured the current draw with a dmm and found it has 3.25 amps I have pulled fuses and still the problem exist, I have checked the alternator, starter solonoid, power windows, were else do I need to look at, is their a certain problem with these cars?

I just picked up an 88 accord with 133k when I got it, it needed an alternator (froze up) and a battery, the car sat for a month with the new battery and it ran fine, I did some other work to the car and the other day went out and the battery was dead, I measured the current draw with a dmm and found it has 3.25 amps I have pulled fuses and still the problem exist, I have checked the alternator, starter solonoid, power windows, were else do I need to look at, is their a certain problem with these cars?

Did you pull the fuses from the fuse box under the dash as well as the fuses in the engine compartment? If so and you still have a drain, it is possible for one of the diodes in the alternator to be shorted and that will draw down a battery. Disconnect he alternator and see if that gets the problem.

Archived