03 Accord EX V6 radio display not working

Maciek

HI, just wanted to see if I can get a second opinion. This morning I turned my car on and the centre console radio display was not working (no lights) and the climate control/radio control buttons had no lights as well. The radio and all centre console functions work properly just there is no backlight on them. Took the car to the Honda dealership to determine problem/solution and was told that i need a new radio (cd changer) which is a $300 fix for a refurbished model and I would rather not pay that much if there is an easier fix. It just strikes me as odd that only the lights on the centre console dont work and the dealer wants to replace the whole radio. I would appreciate any advice if anyone finds this problem familiar or has expereinced something similar in their car. BTW this is a CAnadian model accord with ether a panasonic or alpine cd changer.

Thanks in advance,

Maciek

Took the car to the Honda dealership to determine problem/solution and was told that i need a new radio (cd changer) which is a $300 fix for a refurbished model and I would rather not pay that much if there is an easier fix.

dude do not replace the radio.thats not ur problem...might be wire came undone. the radio works (i assume)so its not a ground that came undone. that might not be the answer im just listing random things that pop into my head.

my next suggestion was to just buy a new head unit for the 300 if u cant find the problem...but if the accord dash is as complicated as the newer civics, u cant replace the stock radio with a aftermarket radio without some serious work... Are the air controls in between the cd player and cd player controls in ur accord?

Archived