2000 Civic Speaker Question

Trunks

yes you need an aftermarket plug on your front speakers. if you buy from crutchfield, they provide it for you otherwise you'd have to go to any place that sells audio stuff and wire it up yourself. once you do that, then you can plug the 2 together.

• 2 weeks later...
yes you need an aftermarket plug on your front speakers. if you buy from crutchfield, they provide it for you otherwise you'd have to go to any place that sells audio stuff and wire it up yourself. once you do that, then you can plug the 2 together.

what plug are you talking about? i didnt need one. theres just 2 wires going to the speaker

i've noticed on my rear speakers there is a a plug the goes into my speakers instead of just wires going straight into it, i think thats what he's talking about. just cut the plug off the wires and hook the wires straight onto the new speakers.

what plug are you talking about? i didnt need one. theres just 2 wires going to the speaker

Thats what I did with my front speakers on my '01 Accord. You don't really need the plug, but to give you a lil extra wire, lift up the clips and then cut. The wires were pretty short so I gave my speakers some extra slack. You should solder the wire as well just to secure the connection, a simple solder from walmart for 5 bucks will do.

Archived