Just bought my first Honda - need some advises and answers

BeTeP

Last Wednesday I bought a 03 accord coupe V6 6speed. It's my first Honda - before I've had a 98 540iA which I sold on 1/1/07(too many check engine problems and maintenance cost.) I'm a member of bimmerforums.com as well.

How do You guys drive these??!? Under hard acdeleration It's just impossible to hold the car on the road It starts jumping! Even With TCS. and I'm not talking off the line!!!Am I doing something wrong?? may be I just got used to BMWs where You don't get as much wheelspin even with 6 speed.

Let's get to my questions - the car has 65K miles - as I've read in the manual it's tune up free till 100K, but may be I should look into something.

When I'm driving in any gear @60mph and start accelerating the steering wheel starts shaking. Tires??? they're average - not new ,but not bald too.

When Braking pedal vibrating and steering wheel shaking as I understand it's Rotors. Should I cut them? or should I replace them? If reokacing which brand and what kind to get.

Where do You guys get good quality parts?? and is there an online parts database where You enter Your VIN and thel look at pictures and part numbers like for BMW www.realoem.com

Any response is appreciated.

Thanks

o:)

I have an 00 with 172,000 miles and I still have the original rotors, so either Honda went cheap on the '03's or I wouldn't worry too much about replacing them. If you are replacing them at 65,000 miles because they need it, then I wouldn't get OEM replacements. Drilled and slotted aren't particularly going to make a difference as far as quality goes, so I've heard. Brembo is what I've heard recommended for my accord.

Archived