The New Audio Set-Up

As long it makes racket i'm happy. I just try to match up the max watts on the amp with the one on the speaker. The tweaters i hook up i just buy the cheap ones and if they blow by some more.

That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard. First of all, you shouldn't be on this forum because all of your posts that I have read are absolutely retarded. Secondly, learn how to spell. Where it says your ride, you have "93 civc" and it's "tweeters" by the way. And last, some people take pride in whatever it is that pertains to their car. I know I would much rather do my audio set-up right the first time than having to buy crapty parts over and over again because they keep blowing.

How old are you by the way?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually it's best to match up the RMS rating than the peak. Select an RMS rating 10-15% over your speaker RMS rating to compensate for loss in the wiring itself. Also, if you use a sealed enclosure, you can pump up the wattage a little bit more.

Right, i mean i had someone install my crap. i mean at least that way the crap blows, i get new crap. I mean i'm buying sony, not walmart brand. Maybe someon needs to know more before they speak. I'm not worried about my grammer either. I've never passed english anyways.

You seem like you know your stuff so i have a question... I am looking to add more bass to my car (a 99 accord sedan ex) and i figgure i will just add either 2 ten in or 2 12 in subs in the trunk. I am planning on getting a new head unit as i have heard that that greatly improves the sound. Would you suggest that i replace the stock speakers throughout the car as well because i think that they sound good?

Well, I don't know what the Accord comes with stock....Bose, Infinity, and Harmon Kardon are very hard to replace b/c you'll have to re-wire the entire system from the headunit....but you might just be able so swap everything like I did.

Headunit: Look into Alpine, Kenwood, Eclipse, or even Sony.....I love my new Sony Headunit, it puts out some of the crispist sound I've ever heard, and remember, I work on Mercedes all day long, and they come with Harmon Kardon systems

Replacement Speakers: MB Quart, Eclipse (my favorite), Pioneer Gold, JL, Rockford Fosgate, Infinity, or Alpine...

Sub-2 10's should be fine w/ a nice Amp: Rockford Fosgate, JL, Sony isn't horrible, etc....

Amp-your preference. i didn't want a lot of bass, so i got a 250W amp, and I love it.

Box-ported=more bass, enclosed=less bass

wiring-scoche or rockford fosgate

Well, I don't know what the Accord comes with stock....Bose, Infinity, and Harmon Kardon are very hard to replace b/c you'll have to re-wire the entire system from the headunit....but you might just be able so swap everything like I did.

Headunit: Look into Alpine, Kenwood, Eclipse, or even Sony.....I love my new Sony Headunit, it puts out some of the crispist sound I've ever heard, and remember, I work on Mercedes all day long, and they come with Harmon Kardon systems

Replacement Speakers: MB Quart, Eclipse (my favorite), Pioneer Gold, JL, Rockford Fosgate, Infinity, or Alpine...

Sub-2 10's should be fine w/ a nice Amp: Rockford Fosgate, JL, Sony isn't horrible, etc....

Amp-your preference. i didn't want a lot of bass, so i got a 250W amp, and I love it.

Thank you, are there any head units, alpine or not, that would work with my already existing stock 6 disk cd changer in my trunk? i really like having 6 discs and would prefer not to pay out for a 6 disc in the dash.

crispist sound

Lol.

Anyway anything sony is good except for their speakers.

Dan had some very good suggestions.

JVC makes good headunits as well. I love mine.

I'm not sure but I believe stinger wire is less than rockford fosgate and stinger is good.

Thank you, are there any head units, alpine or not, that would work with my already existing stock 6 disk cd changer in my trunk? i really like having 6 discs and would prefer not to pay out for a 6 disc in the dash.

If you want the 6 cd changer to work then you have to find a headunit with 2 sets of rca inputs. One set for the cd changer and the other set for the amp (if you want subs).

If you want the 6 cd changer to work then you have to find a headunit with 2 sets of rca inputs. One set for the cd changer and the other set for the amp (if you want subs).

Are those 2 input units hard to find? Because yes i do plan on having two woofers so a amp will be added.

Here is a headunit with 3 sets of preamp outputs (rca).

It's an alpine and it has an amazing price tag too.

Click

Wow good find, thanks. The only thing is i feel more comfortable getting my electronics from a store like best buy or circuit city where i can get warranties from. I will consider this one though, thanks.

agree with everything there except the ported/sealed thing. it doesnt give more bass, ported has a more of a BOOM to it, whereas sealed will give you a clean hitting sound

Ok I found a better one on circuit city online.

This is a pioneer and it's $229 on sale right now.

If I were you I would go with this one.

click

I do like that one from circuit city that you showed me however one of the musts for my head unit is HD radio. I don't have it now and really want to upgrade to it. Thanks for hte help.

agree with everything there except the ported/sealed thing. it doesnt give more bass, ported has a more of a BOOM to it, whereas sealed will give you a clean hitting sound

Which woofer enclosing do you have/ like better?

i like sealed. its much cleaner, and if you want that big sound, you can always crank it up

I'm thinking about JL Audio or Alpine for a 2 10 in or 2 12 in set of woofers. most of the sets that i've looked at are just in a box or seperate.

yeah those are both really good. my friend just got a 10" JL w3 in a sealed box for his scion TC and it sounds really good

Yeah def. my top two choices, i really want two woofers and a good amp.. not sure if i want to drop 3-4 hundred on an alpine though.. seems like alot. My friend has also overheated his amp many times but he bought a warranty from circuit city where he had it installed and has been getting them replaced for free every time.

Archived