20" rims

brewsky*

I recently purchased some 20" rims for my vehicle. I noticed a slight vibration on the steering wheel so i automatically assumed that the wheels were not balanced correctly. My alignment is off as well (has been before the new wheels). I took my car up to discount tire and they spun the wheels on their machines and said they were all balanced corectly and did not charge me any fees. I'm wondering if maybe the alignment is causing this annoying problem. Could it be perhaps because of the size of the wheels and weight, the wheels threw the alignment even farther out of wack-thus causing the steering wheel to vibrate?? If anybody can help-please do. I'm also interested in purchasing more wheel locks. Any suggestions?? Price??

heh. that was funny. no crap huh.//Yea-im about to purchase some wheel locks today for them today. They only have 1 wheel lock of each rim right now. I plan to upgrade the brakes as well. Any leads on where i get get somw drilled and slotted 14" rotors at a good price??

your alignment being off wont cause a shimmy. might be your hubs are warped a tad. could be cheap tires. could be wheels are slightly off center(warped) unless there brand new.

hmm. thanks cranny. well- i would hope theyre not warped seeing that theyre brand new. I'm begginig to think if i put some gorilla wheel locks that-that will help. On theyre website-they had a set that supposedly stopped vibration or something. Maybe its too much weight on that little rotor??? I would imagine that if they were torqued when put on-which they probably wer'nt/that would eliminate the theory about the little rotors.

did your wheels come with centering rings? and are there any installed right now? you should have them. keeps wheels centered on the hubs. with big wheels and low pro tires , even warped rotors youl feel a bit. any howling from the wheels at highway speeds? would indicate a wheel bearing gone , but that also wouldnt normally cause a shimmy.

i have 20's on my TL as well., your accord is slightly smaller but my ride is also shaky, but what can you expect from after market rims that are way way too big for your/our car., you will feel every bump and if your rims are like mine, i have no tire dude..straight up chrome

did your wheels come with centering rings? and are there any installed right now? you should have them. keeps wheels centered on the hubs. with big wheels and low pro tires , even warped rotors youl feel a bit. any howling from the wheels at highway speeds? would indicate a wheel bearing gone , but that also wouldnt normally cause a shimmy.

No they didnt and yes they are installed right now. They do not howl either. Thanks though brotha. I did however find out some interesting things today and i think its exactly what your talking about. (the centering rings.)

i have 20's on my TL as well., your accord is slightly smaller but my ride is also shaky, but what can you expect from after market rims that are way way too big for your/our car., you will feel every bump and if your rims are like mine, i have no tire dude..straight up chrome

Already. Straight up chrome here too playa. Like i was sayin to cranny- i think i stumbled upon what he is refering to as "centering caps" I went up to discount tire and purchased what they call "hub rings." You should look into it. I get them installed tommarow. Because most rims are somewhat universal, aftermarket rims do not fit exactly-or rather match up perfectly against the rotor creating/leaving a gap/space. The ring is to fill this gap and allow the wheel to have a better fitment. In addition, i ordered a 20 pack of gorilla wheel locks. Hey- if somebody is gnna jack my crap-them fools better have to wrk for that crap ya know.

Say-look what i found.....

Wheel Hub Centric Rings

Prices for 1 Set of 4 rings

Hub centric rings are manufactured so that when they are installed on a vehicle, the wheels are located directly off of the centre flange of the brake drum or rotor. This is done to insure that the outer beads of the wheel are concentric with the wheel bearings. The result is a much truer, better balanced tire/wheel assembly. This is very important with modern high tech suspension systems.

Please Note: We do not guarantee fit of hub rings for wheels we do not carry. If you order a set of rings and they do not fit, they are not returnable. Please be sure to measure everything carefully (in millimeters). If rings are ordered for wheels we do carry, we will double check fitment before shipping.

ALSO i found this too........

Hub Centric Rings (Hubrings) hard plastic or aluminum rings mounted on a vehicle's hub before the wheel. They ensure the wheel is perfectly centered on the vehicle's hub. Without hub rings, there is a possibility of getting a vibration even if the wheel & tire assembly is perfectly balanced.

Guess I'll find out tommarow. Can't wait- Hope tha SH%T helps!

Archived