Rim size, drop height..

thsocom41

hey guys.. (and girls).. i need your opinion on some rims and what size and a drop sometime in the near future.. i haven't really had the money to do such lately with christmas and a huge car payment and birthdays and stuff..

i dont have a picture of my car but here is one just like it except mine is red.. took me a while to find one just like it.. im in class right now,(heh, i do this every day instead of listening to lectures.) when i get home later tonight ill post the actual pic, but for now...

http://pics.hoobly.com/full/D1QRDEUJCK7ZMIGQ6P.jpg :)

I like 17's, and I can't go more than 1 1/2" drop because of my driveway.>_< If you're into it, I know people that'll get 19's and drop it 3". I don't know how they roll with a 3" drop, but apparently that works too... :laugh:

P.S. Visit here and you can see all types of wheels and drops and see what you like...

id say dont go bigger than 17's on that. rim size depends on your taste really. id say get 16's and drop it probably an inch and a half or so. just enough so your tires are close to the fender. your probably going to have to get a camber kit too if you drop it a lot so you dont screw up the wear pattern on your tires.

Okay here is the thing. It really depends on the road in your area. Some states/cities have nice roads and some have crappy roads. What I mean by crappy is if there are lots of dips, potholes, or just patches of potholes or whatever. These things can ruin your shocks fast but if you have the money to buy shocks, go for it. Actually if you just buy springs, your stock shocks lifespan is prob cut in half lol

as far as wheels go, it depends on your style. I noticed you have 4 lugs on your accord, which most likely you have a 4 cylinder car. Do you like the "bling" style wheels or the "racing" style? If you want bling then it will be pretty hard to find ones that are 4 lug. However there are plenty of racing styles for 4 lugs. I personally like how RACINGHART wheels look on the accord coupe.

looks like TlontheDL knows what shes talking bout. She has a point. If you had a V-6 id say 20's. I'll try to post a pic of my car on here soon. 20's look awesome. They fit perfect. Flush with the car and dont stick out or anything like that. they have to be 20x7.5 or if theyre bigger-the offset has to be right or they will look fkn stupid. Since you have a 4 cyl- get 18" you wont be happy with that small crap like 16!!! My car came with 16"!! 18 look great and you still have a lot of tread with low pro tires for the daily driver. and yea- 18" RACINGHARTS would really set off that car

im not into the bling thing, i wanna fix it up, i just never had the money really.. and now i do lol.

You don't want to go too low, you'll bottom out your suspension. 1 1/2- 2", plus the camber correction will be really nice!

I dont really think it comes down to a "bling" "bling" thing. It comes down to preference. I'm still not done with my ride either. Im getting headers, and a catback dual exhaust soon too. You dont have to get chrome. Get gunmetal or white rims. Hell even alloy if thats what your into. The term 'fix' up my ride means a lot of different things to people. Just thought id spit out a few different suggestions. Pick your 'theme' so to speak and roll with it. Do what you think looks good playa.

here's the thing....if you LIKE performance, go with a 16 inch rim (maybe even 15). Larger wheels on a budget increase unsprung weight and inturn, rob usable power (and braking). In addition, they dent MUCH easier and end up being a waste of $.

Suggestion: Get some used accord factory rims that you like and drop w/ some H&R sports and shocks of your choice. (thats just about 2 inches of drop which is comparible to a sport setup)

Archived