HELP ON SYSTEM INSTALL. ???

blackaccord

i am planning on buying 2 12" subwoofers and an amplifier for my 2007 accord lx sedan. i would like to install it myself, but i have not seen or found any diagrams or anyhelp on how to get the control panel off to get to the back of the radio (im using the stock radio). i was just wondering if anybody could help me w/ this or has any advice. thanks

trust me, you dont want to use a stock radio. its not enough umph for you. the radio should just pull out. go to a radioshack, or even walmart and ask for a kit to install/remove a radio. they will give you all the tools you need. its uber simple man.

I don't know how the 7th gen's are, but I know on my 2000, this is what it takes to change the radio:

Remove panel beneath radio (top of cubby hole) (4 clips, 1 on each corner)

Loosen bolt holding back of stereo, and pull stereo out.

Replace with whatever. Installation is the reverse of removal.

Nothin' to it. I don't have to take my dash apart, or even the trim around it. I can't imagine they would make it a whole lot harder on the 7th gens...

I second the dumpng of your stock radio.....you will have very weak signals from your source to your amplifiers which will lead to low levels.....save up to do this install til you can get you a cd player...i have a nice looks brand new panasonic with all the fancy screen savers and stuff, I was doing spl competitions and it provided a nice 4 volts of signal.

i am planning on buying 2 12" subwoofers and an amplifier for my 2007 accord lx sedan. i would like to install it myself, but i have not seen or found any diagrams or anyhelp on how to get the control panel off to get to the back of the radio (im using the stock radio). i was just wondering if anybody could help me w/ this or has any advice. thanks

I can get you the diagrams... just PM me

• 2 weeks later...

As others mentioned it is better to get an aftermarket deck. Primary reason, more pre-out voltage, although that could be solved with a line driver, but you will have more tuning capabilities withi the an aftermarket HU. Only time I wouldn't replace is if you have a navi unit that came with the vehicle, or HVAC concerns. I would suggest you look for somethin that has 4 or 5V pre outs. The more voltage you have, the less you have to turn up your gain. I have an 8V deck, which is great, but unfortunately I have the problem with an amp I have that can't support the 8V, it begins to clip when the gain is barely turned up.

Also, I don't know your experience with car audio, but if you are fairly new and would like advice on which direction to go with equipment, whats good and what to stay away from I'll be glad to help, as I'm sure others here will too.

A final pointer, dont force anything if it wont budge. You can also maybe go to an audio shop and see if they wouldn't mind telling you how to do it. Not too many shops will but its worth a shot.

• 2 weeks later...
As others mentioned it is better to get an aftermarket deck. Primary reason, more pre-out voltage, although that could be solved with a line driver, but you will have more tuning capabilities withi the an aftermarket HU. Only time I wouldn't replace is if you have a navi unit that came with the vehicle, or HVAC concerns. I would suggest you look for somethin that has 4 or 5V pre outs. The more voltage you have, the less you have to turn up your gain. I have an 8V deck, which is great, but unfortunately I have the problem with an amp I have that can't support the 8V, it begins to clip when the gain is barely turned up.

Also, I don't know your experience with car audio, but if you are fairly new and would like advice on which direction to go with equipment, whats good and what to stay away from I'll be glad to help, as I'm sure others here will too.

A final pointer, dont force anything if it wont budge. You can also maybe go to an audio shop and see if they wouldn't mind telling you how to do it. Not too many shops will but its worth a shot.

I'm new and would like help finding subs and an amp. I am looking to put 2 10 in or 2 12in subs into my trunk. I want either JL audio or Alpine. is there any package i can buy with the subs already in a box and preferbly with an amp at a good price? Or do you suggest different subs?

check ebay for packages. most likely you wont get something with subs amp and a box. check out crutchfield.com you can usually find better prices, but sometimes they have good deals. just buy the subs and then get a Q logic box. once you pick what subs you want, it will be easier to find an amp to power them

I wouldn't go with package deals, not worth it. If you want something that sounds good, sometimes going with matching equipment is not the best way to go. I personally dislike JL. They do make good products, but they are too much hype and priced too high. Alpine has the type R's. They will take 800w rms without a problem. Look into Diamond Audio, Digital Designs, Fi, TC Sounds, Soundsplinter, and theres a bunch more. As for amps, don't go with the max ratings, because its not going to tell you what its going to do, rather look at the RMS.

RF subs IMO are not what they used to be. Their punch lines are not worth it. Their T line are not worth the price. If you want, give me a budget and I'll match somethin up for you. It also depends where you want to buy from. Some of these companies will ship directly to you, some will require you to go through a dealer if there is one near you. As for amps, if you want a good amp that is reasonably priced, check into Hifonics.

I wouldn't go with package deals, not worth it. If you want something that sounds good, sometimes going with matching equipment is not the best way to go. I personally dislike JL. They do make good products, but they are too much hype and priced too high. Alpine has the type R's. They will take 800w rms without a problem. Look into Diamond Audio, Digital Designs, Fi, TC Sounds, Soundsplinter, and theres a bunch more. As for amps, don't go with the max ratings, because its not going to tell you what its going to do, rather look at the RMS.

RF subs IMO are not what they used to be. Their punch lines are not worth it. Their T line are not worth the price. If you want, give me a budget and I'll match somethin up for you. It also depends where you want to buy from. Some of these companies will ship directly to you, some will require you to go through a dealer if there is one near you. As for amps, if you want a good amp that is reasonably priced, check into Hifonics.

Budget: 400 about.. what can that get me? I need the subs an amp and box for that price. And i guess i would have to figgure out the install myself. Thanks so much for your help.

Budget: 400 about.. what can that get me? I need the subs an amp and box for that price. And i guess i would have to figgure out the install myself. Thanks so much for your help.

Ouch, tight budget huh? Give me a few days and I'll see what I can come up with.

Ouch, tight budget huh? Give me a few days and I'll see what I can come up with.

1 Alpine SWR-1242D Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer - 139.00

1 Phoenix Gold R15.0;1 - $229.99

25.00 for wood, glue, and screws to build his own box

and then factor in another 40-80.00 on wiring

thats reasonable for his budget.

www.woofersetc.com

If you could build your own box, that would save quite a bit of money, anywhere from 50-100 bucks. The type r is a good woofer to check out.

I found the type R dual 2 ohm on onlinecarstereo.com for 117. You can get a Hifonics BXi 606 (600 rms @ 1 ohm) for 175 or the Hifonics BX1205D for 198, which does 1200w rms @ 1 ohm, but you definitely would need to keep the gains down if you got this amp. And if you were to ever upgrade to a better sub you'll have the power. For wires I'm using welding cable cos it was much cheaper for 1/0 gauge, but you wont need that. Look into KnuKonceptz on ebay, they have their own store. Or check out the seller bag-boy (or bagboy, someothin like that). He has great prices on Stinger and is a great seller.

Thanks Don and CBRF4i.. i just said 400 because i thought that would be sufficient. I have much more money but i am also planning on buying tints, new wheels, some new matts, a head unit etc. so i am just trying to budget my money. If you think htat i could get something better for a little more i would definitely spend the money.

Don't have the scratch to build the system you want (or don't want to spend that much at least) Just do what all the locals in Columbus do:

$9.95 Hammer

$3.95 Screwdriver

$14.95 Pry-Bar

For $28.95 or less (if you already have these tools it will be much cheaper) you can get the nicest system in the neighborhood. Would take 10 mins tops and you would "have" the nicest system in the neighborhood!

My stuff has been jacked from three cars, I gave up on nice stereo equipment 10 years ago. The last one they stole the car alarm too.

yeah my brothers system in his rx7 got jacked twice. the first one had 4 10's all in a fiberglass box. didnt even get it painted yet, and it was jacked. second time, two 10's in a fiberglass box, didnt finish that one either, but this time they jacked his rims, and didnt feel the need to leave the car on blocks, just flat on the ground....

yeah my brothers system in his rx7 got jacked twice. the first one had 4 10's all in a fiberglass box. didnt even get it painted yet, and it was jacked. second time, two 10's in a fiberglass box, didnt finish that one either, but this time they jacked his rims, and didnt feel the need to leave the car on blocks, just flat on the ground....

Wow that is crazy to not even have the common courtesy to leave it on blocks.. such a di*k move.

I hate jerk offs who steal audio equipment or anything for that matter. But karma plays a role in everyone's life so they will get what they deserve.

As for getting something better it really depends what you want. The Type R with 600-800 will sound good, especially if the box is made properly, dont go prefab.

My stuff has been jacked from three cars, I gave up on nice stereo equipment 10 years ago. The last one they stole the car alarm too.

The above statement says it all. Maybe you mis-read it.

I prefer the stealth installations now. Amps and subs mounted in places where no one would see them or find them. I had a cd mouted in the glove box once. Was real clean. Left the factory one installed as a ruse.

Archived