1990 Honda Accord Loose front end over bumps?????

Baber

Hey everyone....Thanks for your help everytime i post....I have a slight problem with my 90 Accord.. As i go over bumps at a slow speed i get a few clunks from my front wheels....Now this happens more so when the car is nice and warm and has been driven for atleast 15min or more..Happens less when cold..Also if i turn my wheel to the right and snap it back to the left very quickly...SOUNDS like something is popping out of its place from the front wheels???

I HAVE CHANGED THE UPPER BALLJOINTS WITH THE ARM ASSEMBLY...ANYTHING THAT MIGHT CAUSE IT??/IF ANY ONE HAS ANY IDEA...PLEASE...THANK YOU..

Hey everyone....Thanks for your help everytime i post....I have a slight problem with my 90 Accord.. As i go over bumps at a slow speed i get a few clunks from my front wheels....Now this happens more so when the car is nice and warm and has been driven for atleast 15min or more..Happens less when cold..Also if i turn my wheel to the right and snap it back to the left very quickly...SOUNDS like something is popping out of its place from the front wheels???

I HAVE CHANGED THE UPPER BALLJOINTS WITH THE ARM ASSEMBLY...ANYTHING THAT MIGHT CAUSE IT??/IF ANY ONE HAS ANY IDEA...PLEASE...THANK YOU..

Probably CV joint on one side or the other. A mechanic might call it an axle problem. The so called "boot" on your Accord generation is notorious for busting. I have the same generation and have done both of my front axles. I got remanufactured ones both times, but recently one of those failed, so now I will only buy new ones. If this turns out to be the problem you are having, it is best to just replace the whole thing. Trying to fix the busted boot is not really a good option. That busted boot flopping around is probably what you're hearing. You can easily inspect the boot and move it with your hand. If its busted, you will know. The busted boot usually indicates the cv joint being bad. It's something wise to fix asap because continued wear or complete breakdown of that assembly could cause you some transaxle problems. That CV joint assembly is one thing that bugs me about my Honda. There we have this complicated joint all packed up with grease, yet there is absolutely no way for me to lube that joint and perhaps get more life out of it. I just have to wait for it to fail and then replace it. :mad:

Archived