What size radio fits 03 CRV???? (solved new pics)

tooldud

Hello, First post here. My wife drives a 03 CRV and I am having trouble figuring out if a double din will fit. Crutchfield is no help online. They said a DD wouldn't fit my Tundra and it fits fine. So, has any one put a DD in their 03 CRV that could confirm it fits. I have done many installitions over the years, so I can do so mods needed to make it fit if needed. The link below shows my install in my Tundra. I would love to put the same HU in the CRV. TIA for your help.

tundra dvd install

Follow-up, Well thank you all for the push to get this going. I thought I would show you the answer to my question. Here is the Kenwood DDX6019 installed in my wifes 03 CRV. I used the brackets off the stock radio and had to cut down the Kenwood trim ring top and bottom, but I think it looks pretty good in there. The main thing is the wife is happy! At the moment it is with stock speakers, but there is hope. First up will be a pair of headrest screens for the kids to watch.

C'Ya

leslie%20dvd%202.jpg

leslie%20dvd%201.jpg

leslie%20dvd%203.jpg

yeah just measure it.

PIL_CassPlyrNew1.jpg

if thats what yours is, then it looks like a DD will fit. and you seem really experienced with stuff so im sure if its off a bit you could either fiberglass a new part, or do some other fab work to get it in there

Okay, I finally took the time to measure the openings of each and the CRV is larger. The Kenwood I bought came with a large trim ring to cut to fit if needed. It seems to me it would fit. I don't know why Crutchfield says it won't fit? I know it sounds silly, but I would like to see it's been done before I spend big bucks on a DD HU that might not fit.

nobody around here has a crv so yeah. cant you just buy it, see if it will fit, and if not send it back?

I have found a great deal on a used unit unit so returning it is not possible. That being said, I got up off my but and removed the dash cover and the radio. There is a ton of space for the unit. The trim ring I have is about 1/8" to tall (easy fix) and it is 3/16" to narrow( I would have to make a spacer of some kind) It's funny, but I guess posting the question was the kick in the butt I needed to go and check it out. I will still look at any pic if anybody has them.

Archived