99 Accord stock CD player won't play burned CD's

budshonda

My 99 stock stereo has all but stopped playing burned CD's. Burned CD's used to play fine, then all of the sudden a few months ago they spin and spin and spin. If I'm lucky it will play the first track eventually but if I want to skip tracks it won't play. I end up listening to the same 3 songs over and over again.

I've tried the following:

-Experimented with different burning software (Nero, iTunes, Roxio)

-Experimented with multiple brands of blank CD's

-Tried both Finalized and un-finalized CD's

-Used a different computer and different burners

-Cleaned out the cd changer with compressed air

Even older Burned CD's that used to work perfectly are no longer working. Regular store bought CD's work perfectly.

Anyone have any ideas?? :help:

My 99 stock stereo has all but stopped playing burned CD's. Burned CD's used to play fine, then all of the sudden a few months ago they spin and spin and spin. If I'm lucky it will play the first track eventually but if I want to skip tracks it won't play. I end up listening to the same 3 songs over and over again.

I've tried the following:

-Experimented with different burning software (Nero, iTunes, Roxio)

-Experimented with multiple brands of blank CD's

-Tried both Finalized and un-finalized CD's

-Used a different computer and different burners

-Cleaned out the cd changer with compressed air

Even older Burned CD's that used to work perfectly are no longer working. Regular store bought CD's work perfectly.

Anyone have any ideas?? :help:

my guess would be the "laser" is all f'ed up... with the whole +/- R deal... I don't know enough about that

Archived