87 accord lx idle and engine issue

Tater516

I recently bought a 87 honda accord for 600 buck so i knew it wasnt going to be in the best of condition. I have replaced the air filter, plugs and wires and replaced the carberator with another one from a junkyard car... The issue is that the car will idle anywhere from 1g to 4g and i cant seem to find the problem... Also when it is shut off it continues to knock like its trying to turn over. It also feels like it cuts the gas when i push the petal more than an inch.. It will shudder and shake and sometimes cut off all together... I have taken it to a few stupid mechanics who dont know what it is.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Most people say that rebuilding the carb would help but i'm at a loss. and it is a 5 speed... Help please.

The stupid mecanic i refered to was a dealership that did nothing more than get in my car start it and turn it off and tied to tell me that the gas was bad and nothing was wrong with it even tho i told them it has been going on for a few weeks now..

Archived